What you think.....

ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Guys,

I'm finally sitting the Sec+ exam this Monday. 7/30. I'm passing almost eveything. I'm still lacking the Organization / Infrastructure Security by like 20%.

I had to schedule the exam because i would drag it out even longer (1st time attempting a Cert Exam icon_neutral.gif *nervous*). I took a class that "prepares" you for this exam. I didnt think the class alone was enough.

I purchased the Preplogic Test engine software (came with a voucher). What do you guys think about reading the explanations of the questions? I 've been reading them hoping it explains why the answer what it is.
I also printed the TechNotes and read over those. I'm in the process of re-reading some areas like Organization Security.

I also have some other practice tests (transcender/cramsessions) that I've looking over. Doing pretty much the same as the PrepLogic tests.

I only have a couple more days! icon_eek.gif

Any suggestions ....
<b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
WIP: Network+
Next: CCNA

Comments

• ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea. those transcender / cramsession test are the free ones ;)

• matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Have you tried the question pool on this website - http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/exams/ ?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    Oh yea. I have those too!!

Just the free pool tho. I have them printed!!

I think I really have too much. I dont think I will be able to look at everything before the date. I been studying for this thing off and on for several/few months. I went ahead and asked the date. I have been studying every night since I scheduled it 1 1/2 weeks ago.

hmmm.

A DNS server uses a specific port number. Choose this port number from the options.

A. Port 32
    B. Port 1,024
    C. Port 65,535
    D. Port 16,777,134

Ahhhhhh,
    where is the correct answer?

This is the Explanation it gave......

Port 53 is used for DNS Name Queries.

hahaha.

oh yea. the answer was (B).

But the the Explanation it got it correct.

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ksimpson wrote:
    Guys,

I'm finally sitting the Sec+ exam this Monday. 7/30. I'm passing almost eveything. I'm still lacking the Organization / Infrastructure Security by like 20%.

I had to schedule the exam because i would drag it out even longer (1st time attempting a Cert Exam icon_neutral.gif *nervous*). I took a class that "prepares" you for this exam. I didnt think the class alone was enough.

I purchased the Preplogic Test engine software (came with a voucher). What do you guys think about reading the explanations of the questions? I 've been reading them hoping it explains why the answer what it is.
    I also printed the TechNotes and read over those. I'm in the process of re-reading some areas like Organization Security.

I also have some other practice tests (transcender/cramsessions) that I've looking over. Doing pretty much the same as the PrepLogic tests.

I only have a couple more days! icon_eek.gif

Any suggestions ....

books like the sybex 3rd edition could help. With my experience, they presented the info quite well in both those subject you are having difficulty in. My suggestion is to pick up a book this weekend and start reading the chapters that you are struggling with. Another option, you could even download the e-book a fraction of the price the actual book is, and have the info instantly.

Good Luck!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Thanks, I'll look into it.!

• seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    I would hesitate building my study habits around practice tests. Its far to easy to memorize the answers rather than understand why they were chosen.

Unfortunately I cannot recommend a good book fo use on this exam. I just sorta googled alot.
    My recommendation would be the Sybex book. It happens that it has the "CompTIA Curriculum" stamp on it. :D
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    Yup. I've read a book witht he CompTIA stamp on it. I've used MeasureUp, PrepLogic, MCMCSE questions, I've had a firewall class, and more practice questions. I like reading the explanations to Q&A's. I've also read the TechNotes and other online media. I have 3 more nights to study before the exam. Ready or Not here I come!!

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck, broseph!!! icon_thumright.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Thank you!!!

If it means anything......

I got a fortune cookie today and it said....

Your present plans will suceed!

Please let this mean my test!! lol icon_clown.gif

• WingedTekWingedTek Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Goodluck to you tomorrow!! I'm taking the Sec + tomorrow as well at 2pm! icon_exclaim.gif
  • gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    Good luck to you both. After my XP test, Security+ is my next.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
    Best of luck with your Security+! I am sure you will do fine on Monday! Go for the gold! :D