when was the last CCNA cert revamp?

The Prize Is LobsterThe Prize Is Lobster Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know that theres the new CCNA in November...when was the last update previous? The two test route or has there been changes since?

Comments

• LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I keep hearing about 2005 updates so I am assuming the revamp was done then...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    According to CertCities.com, (linked to by Cisco's website,) the 640-801 exam was rolled on June 30th, 2003.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Even though the exam numer doesn't change, Cisco makes small changes to the exam and the exam blueprint throughout the exam's lifecycle. The current CCNA had small changes back in November 2006 when they added some security related topics and diminished things like ISDN and Frame relay.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • The Prize Is LobsterThe Prize Is Lobster Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    part of the reason I ask is because an associate of mine did his CCNA in 2004 and his job paid for training so hes got the LearnKey CBTs on disk collecting dust. He was going to ebay them, but offered them to me for cheap. Of course part of my concern is would I be covering information on those that may be outdated/not on the current exam? He said the copywrite on the disks shows 2003 and its in sets of Intro and ICND. He said he would give them to me for around $75 but I dont know if I want to pay that for outdated stuff.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    part of the reason I ask is because an associate of mine did his CCNA in 2004 and his job paid for training so hes got the LearnKey CBTs on disk collecting dust. He was going to ebay them, but offered them to me for cheap. Of course part of my concern is would I be covering information on those that may be outdated/not on the current exam? He said the copywrite on the disks shows 2003 and its in sets of Intro and ICND. He said he would give them to me for around $75 but I dont know if I want to pay that for outdated stuff.

Chances are that you can get updated content for the material. I know that with TestOut, you can automatically download updates, and with CBT Nuggets you can also do an update if you have their Archive Server product. I'm sure there is something you can do with the LearnKey, along those lines.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • The Prize Is LobsterThe Prize Is Lobster Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    that makes sense yeah. Worst case scenario I figure there is some things there that are covered that have been phased out but probably nothing outlined that completely contradicts the newer cirrcuculm. I cant imagine the test itself has been completely revamped since these were originally released.