Options

STUMPED!

techEDtechED Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I'm stumped... what command can I use to determine the VTP server if I'm sitting at a vtp client? icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    Noe84Noe84 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's show vtp status and you look for the wording when it was last modified and it will give you the IP address of the vtp server. Then you use show cdp nei detail command to determine who it is and to find out more info on it.
    On to MCSA 2003.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_eek.gif Where have I seen that before. icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    If you had an idea of the switch couldn't you just telnet into it and do vtp status? Maybe another option?
  • Options
    I'm sure telnet would be disabled or else it would be too easy. But i don't see it being that hard of a question anyways. Finding the IP is simple so i guess telnetting into that IP isn't any harder or easier than doing a show cdp neighbors detail.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    Makes sense. I'm glad someone posed the question because i never thought about looking for the server via a client.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Netstudent wrote:
    icon_eek.gif Where have I seen that before. icon_lol.gif
    Must have been in the Cisco Online Documentation. Or maybe the Cisco Press Books.

Or it could be from hands on practice.

Once you learn the basics and how to put them together to solve problems, this Cisco stuff becomes easy.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Ya you are right! Must have been from playing around with it.
  • Options
    techEDtechED Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah, must have been.... icon_rolleyes.gif