Passed 640-801

wannanetwannanet Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed with an 860 and I'll take it! Got hit with a 5 part testlet on question 2 about switches and drew a complete blank. I was quickly losing my resolve, but finally came up with the 1 show command I really needed and managed to get part of it right after having spent 20 minutes on the one question! But then I needed to make up some time, so if I knew an answer to a multiple choice question I just grabbed it and hit next.

Whew, am I tired! Thanks for the help!

Comments

• markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Awesome. Good stuff man. :D
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice....congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Well done, indeed.

I got the same switch testlet... it was neat, eh? And challenging.

Again, great job.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • wannanetwannanet Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys! It was very challenging--I know I didn't get all of that testlet correct, 2 parts of it for sure. But somehow I did manage to get past my dumbfoundedness to continue on with the rest of the exam!
  • gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    CONGRATULATIONS KEEP IT UP. I AM PLANNIG TO TAKE MINES BEFORE THE 801 EXPIRES. I HAVENT SCHEDULE IT YET BUT WILL SOON.
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • Noe84Noe84 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I remember I spend about 25 minutes on one of the sim and then later on another one came up and I was like **** I better hurry up. Ended up finishing the exam with about 3 minutes left but at least I made up the time with those single and multiple answer questions. Those were the faster ones.

By the way, congrats and welcome to the Cisco club. :D
    On to MCSA 2003.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats, but you shouldn't be giving out specifics like that about the exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Oops, sorry bout that.

I did want to mention one "bug" I'm pretty sure I encountered while taking the test. I'll be certain to be extremely general...

I was typing a relatively long command for one of the sims, and about halfway through the command I mistakenly hit the wrong keys on the keyboard so I backspaced and typed in the correct keystrokes. When I hit enter, the "cli" gave me an error, so I went back and did it again. Unfortunately, I fat fingered it again, backspaced and got the same error. I must have done the same thing about 5 times before I calmed down, and typed the whole thing in really slowly to make sure I typed it correctly all the way through. That time it worked!

I'm pretty sure a real network device wouldn't have had a problem with backspaces and retyping the command, but the sim sure seemed too!

I think that was general enough without betraying any actual information? Thanks!
  • Noe84Noe84 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had the same experience and their sim lags also! Was also typing in a really long command, got an arrow pointing to where the error was, everything looks good to me so I couldn't figure it out and just retype the line again very carefully noting every space and letter and it went through. I swear it was the same line I typed....
    On to MCSA 2003.
    Oh yeah. I KNOW it was the same line I had typed several times already. Just without putting the backspaces in!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Please be careful though, you are in serious NDA territory there! :)icon_wink.gif

Everyone will get a different question mix but you can jeopardize your cert by being too explicit.

Good luck with the next one!
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.