MCDST Advice

col24col24 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi There,

Im new to this forum and would like some advice.

I took the 70-270 exam this morning and failed it with a score of only 587.
I have already achieved the A+ networking and the Network +, and I was considering holding back on the 70-270 for a while and start training towards the MCDST.

I am hoping the MCDST will give me a basis for the 70-270.
if I was to pass the MCDST, I know I will have to do allot more study on the 70-270 before retaking this exam.

Just want to know if anyone has achieved progression this way, or similar?

Comments

• kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    Hi col24,

I have follow this path, 70-271,70-272 and finally 70-270, but like you said, the two one can prepare you for the 70-270 but it'll not be enough. :o

Have a good day man
  • col24col24 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks

Wasnt sure if anyone had done it that way seems the correct path to follow.

I found the 70-270 exam quite tough and 2 and half hours only just enough time, I didnt really get much of chance to read the questions more than twice, normally like to read a question 3-4 times before answering it.

Hopefully I retake it later in the year after I have completed the MCDST.
  • kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    Another way to succeed to this one, is to read first the answer .
    That make you know what you must look for in the topic, and also saving time icon_cool.gif
  • RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed 70-272 twice. Made 649 the first time and 675 the second time. I have a feeling when I take it a third time, and it definitely will happen, I will be more nervous than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

The last time I took the exam, it seemed like almost all the questions were multiple choice. And I used almost all the time limit both times I took the exam.

But, I'm not giving up, and Col24, I hope you won't give up either! Hang in there! :)
  • col24col24 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im not giving up After I do the MCDST I will be aiming for the MCSE. going to do it no matter what.

I know it will be hard but im sure if I put the time in I will eventually.

Just hate failing its such a disapointment.
  • Im not wayneIm not wayne Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm on that same path 271, 272, and then (soon) 270 good luck on your track.
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

70-270- Book in progress
    70-290- coming soon
    70-291- coming soon
    70-293- coming soon
    70-294- coming soon