801 /= august?

calaverasgrandescalaverasgrandes Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
I scheduled my 801 test a few months back for the middle of July. Then had to put it off becuase of work contingencies. Now I need to put it off again because I have been workign all over the place and havent had time to hit the books.
But now when I go to the Prometric site I cant schedule any later than July 31st! hat the heck? I think I remeber reading someplace that they were changing the format of the test in August. Or am I imagining things. Well I already emailed support at Cisco and prometric but dotn expect to hear back before Monday. Anyone know whats up?
studying on 70-290, 70-291 and CCNA.

Comments

• tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    I scheduled my 801 test a few months back for the middle of July. Then had to put it off becuase of work contingencies. Now I need to put it off again because I have been workign all over the place and havent had time to hit the books.
    But now when I go to the Prometric site I cant schedule any later than July 31st! hat the heck? I think I remeber reading someplace that they were changing the format of the test in August. Or am I imagining things. Well I already emailed support at Cisco and prometric but dotn expect to hear back before Monday. Anyone know whats up?

calaverasgrandes,

Cisco has decided to only offer their exams through Vue testing centers only.

Source:
    1. About Registering for Exams-Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le11/learning_about_registering_for_exams.html
  • bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, there is a Prometric test center in my area open Saturday. The Vue centers aren't. So I was not too happy either.

Microsoft went with Prometric as their sole test delivery provider and Cisco went with Vue. It has to do with exam security from what I understand.
  • calaverasgrandescalaverasgrandes Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    that completely blows!
    I guess I am cramming on routing protocols then. I have most of the other stuff down pretty well. Have been kickin butt and taking names at work. But when I take teh practice tests I get flumoxed by all the tiny details of the protocols and the EXACT sequence to do things in IOS.

Does anybody know if I can get a refund from prometric? There is a link to cancel/refund but no info about what happens if I do. Is there a 20% fee or any other lame junk?
    argh! There goes my 2 days off!
  • bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you may be able to get a refund, but can't be 100% certain. I do remember a few circumstances where you can't such as if you don't show up, not enough notice (24 hrs?) and I vaguely remember something about you must take a test within 12 months of scheduling it or you can no longer get a refund.

Anyway, if you can't cancel it using the website then call Prometric tommorrow and see if you can get a refund. The phone number for North America is 1-800-204-3926 and they are open from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern time.

All you can really do is call them. There wasn't much notice with Cisco. Microsoft is allowing people to take tests through Vue until 12/31/07 - only then do people have to schedule with Prometric. With Cisco, they announced in mid-July that as of August 1st it was all through Vue.
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    that completely blows!
    I guess I am cramming on routing protocols then. I have most of the other stuff down pretty well. Have been kickin butt and taking names at work. But when I take teh practice tests I get flumoxed by all the tiny details of the protocols and the EXACT sequence to do things in IOS.

Does anybody know if I can get a refund from prometric? There is a link to cancel/refund but no info about what happens if I do. Is there a 20% fee or any other lame junk?
    argh! There goes my 2 days off!

calaverasgrandes,

I have logged into my prometric.com account to see if I could reproduce your situation but since I do not have any Cisco exam registrations, I cannot see the "cancel/refund" link.

However, this is a quote from my Prometric registration confirmation e-mail for my Cisco 640-801 registration dated "Thu 2/22/2007 6:28PM"...
    How will I obtain a refund?
    • If your credit card has already been charged, you will receive a full refund. If a voucher was used, your same voucher number will be reactivated.

What if I need to cancel or reschedule my exam?

Requests to cancel or reschedule must be made one full business day in advance of your scheduled appointment, by 6:00 PM Eastern Time. If you cancel your appointment prior to the deadline, you will be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made with less than one full day's notice will not be granted and you will forfeit the testing fee.

You can cancel or reschedule your exam by visiting www.register.prometric.com Login using your e-mail address and password, and then choose "Reschedule/Cancel".

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest going to vue.com and creating a web account.

Then, first thing on Monday, try to start with step 2 of the following "instant answers" to see if Vue can help with transferring your registration from Prometric to Vue.

Seems like a possible worst case scenario is that you'll have to take your exam on 31JUL2007 at the Prometric center, ready or not.

Good luck either way.

Source:
    1. Certifications Online Support - Instant Answers - "What if I have already scheduled a Cisco test with Prometric? - http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ciscocert.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3891&p_created=1183762016&p_sid=tkPSNRHi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjYmcF9wcm9kcz0yMzM2LDIzMzcmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PTIuMjMzNyZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1
  • calaverasgrandescalaverasgrandes Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies.

yeah I have been cramming on ACL's for the last day and a half. Getting those but I still need to do some remedial routing protocols.
    I went ahead and cancelled at prometric. It seems from the dialogue I got that I'll get a full refund. I'll go ahead and schedule at VUE as soon as that comes thru.
    I really should be ready by now, but working 10 hour days, commuting 2 hours each way (to San Jose) is eating up all my time. I tried studying on the train/bus, but its pretty counter productive.