BSCI Study Guide 4th Ed.

ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to check out the new Cisco Press BSCI study guide 4th Ed. that was just released?

I am anxious to see what it looks like. I have had one on order for quite some time with Amazon but they told me they are extending the delivery period now into August!!!

I know someone out there has already checked it out. icon_wink.gif

Thanks
I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Comments

• NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's nice.
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool! Now if I ever get my copy I can check it out too! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

ITdude wrote:
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to check out the new Cisco Press BSCI study guide 4th Ed. that was just released?

I am anxious to see what it looks like. I have had one on order for quite some time with Amazon but they told me they are extending the delivery period now into August!!!

I know someone out there has already checked it out. icon_wink.gif

Thanks

Hey there dude,
    I am in the same boat as you are. I ordered mine from amazon too and got a delayed delivery message. I really really wish I could have mine all the way over here in Bahrain!
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around.
  • optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    I am also waiting for it, as I pre-ordered it over a month ago. icon_mad.gif

Probably the last time I will do that again with Amazon. It will probably be in the local bookstore before I get it. icon_evil.gif
  • rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    yep im in the same boat as you guys... Amazon is normally pretty good... anyone know why its been delayed? is it available from the cisco press site?
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
    I suspect that it is available elsewhere because even Amazon is listing some third party stores that have both new and slightly used copies available. Do you believe that, they already have some used copies?

I am not impressed with Amazon on this one....

As per Amazon:

The "Authorized Self-Study Guide, Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), Third Edition, Foundation Learing for CCNP 642-901" published Dec 2006, is in stock and available for shipping now.

The "CCNP BSCI, Official Exam Certification Guide, 4th Edition" published July 2007, usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks.

It's my understanding that the "Self-Study Guide" books tend to have a broader more detailed coverage of the materials.

I'm about half-way through the BSCI Study Guide right now and like it so far. I'm reading the chapters and completing the review questions after watching the corresponding sections in the TrainSignal Video (Chris Bryant, CCIE #12933). I then do the end of chapter labs on home lab. This seems to be working out pretty well for me so far.

George
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
    Finally arrived! Looks pretty good so far..... icon_wink.gif

Hi!

I ordered mine yesterday but it appears in (amazon) recent order, they will ship on September and will arrive on October. How come?

I'm eager to start it now since my ccna recert last July 19 still on my mine.

I hope will receive soon.
  • kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    Hey guys i'm new to the CCNP forum as i just passed my CCNA test yestearday. I was looking to order the same book from Amazon as well. is this still on back order and if so is it international order or are US residents ok?

Thanks
  • skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    I was in the same boat. I had failed the test at the end of June and saw that this was coming out in July, so I held off taking it again until I got this book.

I pre-ordered from Amazon and then the day that it was supposed to ship, I got an email saying it wouldn't be until the middle of August. That was a problem for me because I'd already delayed taking the exam on account of getting this book.

I ended up finding out that www.ciscopress.com has them in stock. It shipped within 24 hours and I got it last Friday. So if anyone that is waiting on amazon, go to ciscopress order it, and then cancel your Amazon order.

I'm on the 4th chapter of this book and so far I like it. I read the exam certification guide for the CCNA and the format of this book is very similar. It's very instructive and it tries to teach you (provides real word examples, etc). Whereas the Self-Study reads like a technical guide. Just right to the point, this is what the topic is, it's also probably too detailed in many areas which can muddy the waters when you're trying to prepare for an exam.

Don't get me wrong, I would still recommend reading the Self-Study guide first, you need the details, but the cert guide seems a lot more "user friendly." Hopefully this will be what I needed to tie everything together and help me pass BSCI.
  • kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    I'm looking to get teh entire CCNP exam package which saves you about 70 bucks. It's on Amazon but i think it's back ordered as well. Cisco press doens't have it. They only have the indivdual books.
  • optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Just got the book from the bookstore today! I could not believe it was in stock. They just got them in. I had already cancelled my Amazon order because of the item not being in stock (4-6 weeks till delivery).

Yes, it looks like a good book. Went through the first chapter already. I found it interesting that the author is classifying EIGRP as an "advanced distance vector" protocol and the term "hybrid" is not used. Perhaps this will be the standard classification from now on. I have seen hybrid used so many times, and the advanced distance vector term used only once in a while in earlier texts.

- Optimus
  • Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    that is strange, bookpool.com has had the 4th editions for a little while now
    i herd u leik mudkips lol