Options

ISDN Question...Ideas Please

DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
All, I've got a situation at work I need some ideas on. We've got two Cisco routers connecting a remote location to our central office. The central office has a 1841 & the remote location is using a 1760. They're connected using a an ISDN BRI circuit. At this time only one of the two BRI channels is up (64K), but we would like for both 64K circuits to be up (128K) to remain up at all times.

I would appreciate any suggestions. I really don't like working with ISDN and fortunately these are the only two routers in our company still using it. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    DirtySouth wrote:
    All, I've got a situation at work I need some ideas on. We've got two Cisco routers connecting a remote location to our central office. The central office has a 1841 & the remote location is using a 1760. They're connected using a an ISDN BRI circuit. At this time only one of the two BRI channels is up (64K), but we would like for both 64K circuits to be up (128K) to remain up at all times.

I would appreciate any suggestions. I really don't like working with ISDN and fortunately these are the only two routers in our company still using it. Thanks in advance!

DirtySouth,

Check out the following link. Using two B channels at the same time is known as "multilink."

Source:
    1. Configuring ISDN - http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/1700/1700swcg/isdn.htm
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can set the "dialer load-threshold" value to a low value to cause the second B channel to come up.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. Were already using PPP multilink & I've already set the dialer threshold to 3. I'll look over that link and see if I've missed anything.

Thanks