MCDST cert

dan_9141dan_9141 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Being a little board at work yesterday I was looking at the MS site and the MCDST cert. After looking at the requirements, I thought gee that should be easy and, I went and took the 70-271 and to my amazement I passed!

With my head just a little bit bigger, I though what the heck so I took the 70-272 test. And even more of a surpise I passed that too.

So now I am MCDST certified, just because I was a little board at work.

But it's back to studying.. Have to pass the 70-214 to get my MCSE which is secheduled for March 1, exactly 1 year from the start of my MCSE journey.

Comments

• SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    wish i had money to throw around like that :D
    congrats.
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    what would you compate mcdst to? is it like a sawn-off 210/215 or more like a+/network+?
    A+ Moderator
  • dan_9141dan_9141 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is a entry level cert compared to a A+ / Net+. Only I thought the tests were a little easier than A+ / Net+. But I have been doing desktop support for a number of years.
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Dude, i just looked at those, they look like they can be passed blindfolded.. How many questions were in them? how long did you have? Standard MS price?

Were they very wordy?

I might do the same.. I just dont understand how you could schedule a test right after you just finished one.. I thought prometric required at least 2 days notice..
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • dan_9141dan_9141 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, Standard price.

No not very wordy at all, same as most MS tests.

I tested at VUE and you can walk in and take a test.

The only way I could afford them is that I have the GI Bill and they reimburse for the tests pass or fail. One of the few perks I get for the 6 years of fun in the military.

One test had 40 questions and the other had 49.
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    What branch you in? I use my Gi bill too. Thats the reason i am thinking of doing this.. Tests are free... I'm in the AF
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • cdmcdm Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys where can i find some sample questions on these 2 exams - Im interested in going for it before i buy my study material.
    Thanks,
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cdm wrote:
    Guys where can i find some sample questions on these 2 exams - Im interested in going for it before i buy my study material.
    Thanks,

There's not a lot of material out there yet.

However, you could just do what I did and go to your local bookstore. Grab an MCDST book if they have one, sit, and read for a little while, review some chapter ?'s, etc.

If it seems like something you'd dig, buy it.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    with my GI BIll, I actually make money for taking test (and passing them). I might give these two a shot since I am the man on the helpdesk.
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go for it!

I might be able to pass the 271 since I have a fair amount of exp, but I'm a bit behind on the office/IE end of things so I'd have to study at least some.

After reading the books and such so far, I'd definitely give a leg up to an entry level person that had the MCDST and A+. Certainly not HUGE certs, but nothing to scoff at either.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber