Some Linux+ questions

GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
After getting my Sec+ cert I am now getting ready to study for Linux+.
I know that Comptia is in the process of updating the exam, is there anywhere to find out when the new version will be used? I checked the Comptia site and the Linux+ exam is not listed under 'Exams currently under development'. Would it be save to say that if I take the exam this September I will still get an exam with the 2004 objectives?
I am planning on getting the Sybex Linux+ study guide, Sybex served me well for Security+. Anybody have expirience with this book?

Thanks

Comments

• floppydiskfloppydisk Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    best way to check is thru prometric. is still showing the old exam number if you're trying to book it, try to send comptia an email about the update but usually it'll have both exams available during the transition for a while
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't heard anything about an updated Linux+ exam, of course that is not to say that CompTIA is not working on that. Usually if they are updating the exam it takes them a long time and they give you a transition period where you can take the old exam and the new one for a certain amount of time. I am sure you will have plenty of time to take the current Linux+ exam. Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CompTIA will post when they are switching the exam to the new objective and will post dates when the new exam will be available and when the old exam is going away.

sthomas wrote:
    I haven't heard anything about an updated Linux+ exam, of course that is not to say that CompTIA is not working on that. Usually if they are updating the exam it takes them a long time and they give you a transition period where you can take the old exam and the new one for a certain amount of time. I am sure you will have plenty of time to take the current Linux+ exam. Good Luck!

I received a SME invitation a few months ago, so the review process has started.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    Thanks everybody. Now I feel save spending my money on the 2004 objectives study material.