Oh Yes

ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed!! WoooHoOO!!

I passed with a 847!!
The test wasnt nearly what I was expecting even tho I had some questions I wasnt prepared for. :)

I want to thank you guys for the advice and for the go get it attitude! icon_cool.gif

*Goodluck to WingedTek on his test today!
<b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
WIP: Network+
Next: CCNA

Comments

• drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    Good Job.
    Congrats!
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! What is next on the agenda?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
  • mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    way to go...i'm taking it on the 13th. had about 2 months to study, using preplogic, the notes here, and several practice exams, plus a text book from school.
    any advice?
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone,

The supplies you have now should be enough!. I used Prelogic, MeasureUp, a class, the book from class, technotes, and other free online resources.

I think you are good to go!

matradley wrote:
    Congratulations! What is next on the agenda?

Network+!

I hear its a little easier than sec+. Is that True?

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

Yes, Network+ is in general considered 'easier' than Security+, but especially since you are taking it after Security+ and have a relevant B.S. you should be able to become fully prepared without too much trouble. Plus, for Network+ I did cover all the objectives so if you like the Security+ TechNotes you will like the Network+ TechNotes even better (and is available in PDF).
  • SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I myself am waiting for the voucher from CramSession/PrepLogic. But if I don't get any response by the end of the week, I'll probably go ahead and schedule myself for the following Friday and sell the voucher code to one of my coworkers. So it wasn't as hard as you thought it was, or do you feel you were over prepared for the test?
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SrAtechie wrote:
    Congratulations! I myself am waiting for the voucher from CramSession/PrepLogic. But if I don't get any response by the end of the week, I'll probably go ahead and schedule myself for the following Friday and sell the voucher code to one of my coworkers. So it wasn't as hard as you thought it was, or do you feel you were over prepared for the test?

It's very broad. I was thinking more indepth but this is my 1st time attempting one of these exams.

Goodluck.

Webmaster wrote:
    Congrats!

Yes, Network+ is in general considered 'easier' than Security+, but especially since you are taking it after Security+ and have a relevant B.S. you should be able to become fully prepared without too much trouble. Plus, for Network+ I did cover all the objectives so if you like the Security+ TechNotes you will like the Network+ TechNotes even better (and is available in PDF).

Yea. I'm in the 2nd week of class that is using a CompTIA Stamped book at the local tech school. I'm going to use this as a review and maybe learn something new. I also have 1.5 year exp in networking. So between my exp, the class, and the technotes (a great source, nice job!!), I should be ok. The class end in about 2 months so I take the Network+ exam after the class is over. My finace bought me a Network+ book (by Mike Myres) before I started on the Security+, so I'll probably pick that back up also.

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!! Im sitting this one in a week...im starting to get nervous...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Man, you are sitting on top of seveal certs. What are you nervous about?

I'm sure you will do just fine. Goodluck!

• candycorncandycorn Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    On a side note, Webmaster Johan writes some great materials. ...Publishing, anyone? icon_cool.gif
    ITIL, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Healthcare IT Tech, MTA: Server Fundamentals, MCP, Apple Certified Associate, CIW Associate
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ksimpson wrote:
    Man, you are sitting on top of seveal certs. What are you nervous about?

I'm sure you will do just fine. Goodluck!

I wouldnt consider 2 certs "several", but hey Ill take it icon_cool.gif
    I always get nervous with these things. I dont like to go in there too cocky, because it tends to give me a false positive (like an improperly configured IDS icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif )
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security