FAILED 70-620 PASSED 70-621

welshguy2007welshguy2007 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just thought i would share my news started to study last thursday for 70-620 exam which i took today failed 602 my own fault lack of prep.

i then thought what the heck and booked 70-621 straight after and passed score 700 how close is that lol now MCITP Enterprise Support Technician so over all very happy.

must be honest i did not even look at the objectives on the 70-621 did not know it was in 2 parts but went ok.

i really want 70-291 to get MCSA but need to spend more study time on this one.

icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what did you think of the 620? Is this test based on questions of how to get to certain areas to do things, or is its more based on knowing what functions are capable of doing what features.
    thanks
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    all all the question wordy as in the 70-290?
  • welshguy2007welshguy2007 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    all your answers are in the MS press 70-620 book i skim read it from thursday until this morning and found all the chapters was tested on in the exam prob more on config and hardware for me.

so i would say if you read it from front to back and understand it well and you will get a strong pass. its not hard i rushed it lack of prep.

i had no sims or drag and drops just single or multi choice questions.

hope that helps.
  • win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    so you passed the 621 just by using the 620 book?

Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
  • markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The objectives on the 621 are about 60% the same as the 620. The 621 pulls questions from the 620 and the 622, about 60% being 620 questions. When you take the 621 exam, its broken into 2 parts.... the first 32 ( if i remember correctly) are all configuring windows vista, the last 22 (again if i am remembering right) are enterprise support questions.

Not lengthy questions like in some of the server exams, no.
  • bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information.

After my CCNA 640-811 test, I was planning on doing 70-271, 70-272, and then 70-621. But I could change my mind and do 70-620 and 70-622 instead.

Did you ever take the 70-271 or 70-272 tests? Do you feel the 70-620 and 70-621 was harder or easier?
  • markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eh, Its been a while since I took the XP exams... I scored a lot higher on the Vista exams then I did when I took the DST exams. The Vista exams I guess I would say I found easier. Once you learn the new stuff, the rest you can figure out if you have a good knowledge of XP. I'd say someone who has no knowledge of any OS, who took the Vista stuff first and then did XP second, would probably think XP was easier, becuase they already had some of the knowledge they needed to complete certain tasks.

Kind of understand what I am getting at? Its just my opinion of things.