20% off MCSDT tests

dan_9141dan_9141 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I found this (after I took the tests) and I thought others may be interested.

http://www.certcities.com/editorial/news/story.asp?EditorialsID=561

Comments

• LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    What exactly did you use to study for the tests? Do they have MSPress books out for it yet, because I've looked for Sybex books and haven't found any.
  • dan_9141dan_9141 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been doing desktop support for many years so I just walked in and took the tests.

Not sure if there are any books designed for these tests yet. I've seen in other NGs that people are using books on 70-270 (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional)
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Cool thanks, I'd like to take them before the 20% discount expires I think the article said Aug 31, hopefully there will be some sort of study material out by then. For right now my main focus is just finishing up the MCSE 2k track, after that the MCDST shouldn't be too hard :D:D .
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Hey dan, you know if you use these discounts the VA still pays you full price for the tests right?
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
    Not really sure, I paid full price. I didn't know about the discount until after I took the test.
  • SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    having taken both the 70-270 and the mcdst exams, it's my opinion that 70-270 does not prepare you for MCDST. It's definately about desktop support and troubleshooting procedures, while the XP Professional MCSE exam is about a professional computer as a member to a domain.

And besides, outlook express definately isn't part of MCSE XP :P
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
    Well for future referance. if you go to getcertified4less.com, you can buy MS vouchers for 115. But the gi bill reimburses you 125. Not much, but a few penny's in your pocket..
    The Gi bill rocks. I dont have to worry about the price of the vouchers because he picks em up for me. I just have to front the bill. I certainly hope i can get my ccie prior to 10 years after i get out of the Air Force, so he can pick up that huge bill!!
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    pandimus wrote:
    The Gi bill rocks. I dont have to worry about the price of the vouchers because he picks em up for me. I just have to front the bill.

Does the GI bill cover exams you're taking for a second time? If that is so, you guys don't even have to worry about flunking an exam at all.

And does it have a downside to it? like does it nibble off some of your retriement plans or something? or is it all just free and no disadvantages whatsoever.

Man I gotta join some AF! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
    He will pick up the bill as many times as it takes to pass a test.

The downside it that you only have so much money in a fund, (can't remember how much it is). and each test deducts from that fund.

It also has to be used within 10 years of getting out or you lose it.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    well that's still cool. if the fund has no direct or indirect relation to your pay, who gives a damn! and when you do grow old or get out, you'll have some sort of retierment plan to live on right. in the meanwhile, you can be CCIE, MCSE and every other cert in town!

Can you enroll into Stanford and have the GI bill cover it? icon_lol.gif (that'd be a killer)
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
    If i recall the GI Bill is currently @ about 26,000. When you first join the military, you pay 100 dollars for 12 months. After like 36 months of good service, it becomes active. Yes if you get into stanford, you can apply for your Gi bill and they will pay you like 900 bucks a month.. But once that money is gone.. ITs gone!!
  • felix7felix7 Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So this discount means only $100 USD per test (reg. $125). Not bad! Even better than the $115.00 at voucher sites like Getcertified4Less. So we just register at a Prometric/Vue site without using a voucher? Hope I will be done studying by the deadline.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Getcertify4less is the only one that I've heard of, but also this thread is 7 years old...
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dan101 wrote: »

Rather than necro'ing this thread I would post this in the general cert forum. You would be more likely to get an answer there.