BPDU's

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
This is an unimportant type of question, but I just had to know.

Has anyone here thats been in the industry ever heard of BPDU's called
bipeedoo's???? icon_lol.gif

I just heard someone say that and nearly fell out my chair. I never really got into that whole "trying to pronounce acronyms" bit. Whats next? Ahspuf and eegrip?
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• srgsrg Member Posts: 140
    Netstudent wrote:
    This is an unimportant type of question, but I just had to know.

Has anyone here thats been in the industry ever heard of BPDU's called
    bipeedoo's???? icon_lol.gif

I just heard someone say that and nearly fell out my chair. I never really got into that whole "trying to pronounce acronyms" bit. Whats next? Ahspuf and eegrip?

haha yeah i first heard bipeedoos in some CBT nugget i think. been calling them that ever since :)
    i know I've heard someone call it ee-i-grip also.. sounds kinda funny :D
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    I've gotten everyone at all of my gigs to say E-I-grip. What's so funny???

Beepeedoo's... that's a new one. I'll steal it.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whats funny is you have all these highly skilled people, some with college degrees, that sound like they are speakin some kind of IT creole. icon_lol.gif

E-I-grip
    Partial pronunciaton..EVEN BETTER! icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • ReardenRearden Member Posts: 222
    bpdu is a tough one to say. I get tripped up half the time I say the acronym.
    More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well then maybe I'll hop on the IT creole bandwagon with the rest of you guys.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've heard BPDU pronounced as a word at one place, outside of CBT Nuggets and TestOut. I was at the RSA convention in 2005, listening to a CCIE Voice at the Cisco Booth, talking about VoIP security and the impact of VoIP traffic on non-VoIP equipment, and how to secure voice traffic through the whole network. He was firing off information pretty quickly, but at one point he began talking about switching and spanning-tree, and specifically, how topology changes can affect VoIP traffic. There was a moment when a couple of people chuckled, because he did, in fact, use the term 'bipeedo'. Ironically, the scattered laughter didn't phase him, as if though the term was a Cisco norm, and he just went on with his presentation.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.