Options

Network+ Exam Version

ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Network+ community!!!!

I have a question. I just passed my Security+ exam and moving on to the Network+. I'm currently taking a class at the local Tech school. The book that we are using for the class is the "Network+ Guide to Networks". At the bottom of the cover, there is a note saying "Updated for the 2005 Network+ Exam!". Is this book okay to use? I would think the school would have the newest edition of this book but who knows. I saw a post earlier about someone that wasnt happy about the results of his/her Network+ exam. They was saying something about 2007 version of the exam and there were new stuff that they wasnt prepared for. When was the last time the Network+ exam got updated? I'm using this class as a review and possibily learn new stuff. I have 1.5 years exp in networking and have a BS in CIS. I've read half of the Network (All in One) certification book by Mike Meyers. I will be reading back throught is book as I go through the networking class. This way I will get 2 sources right off the bat. After using these two books, my exp, the MeasureUp test engine and the TechNotes on this wonderful site, do you think that would be sufficent? *I'm assuming the the exam hasnt been update. :) I hope anyways.

Thanks in advance!!!
<b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
WIP: Network+
Next: CCNA

Comments

• Options
    Hey guys,

Sorry about the part about the 2007 version of the exam. I actually read the entire post. I know the Objectives are the same.

Can ya answer the other question.

Thanks.,

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gif

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ksimpson wrote:
    After using these two books, my exp, the MeasureUp test engine and the TechNotes on this wonderful site, do you think that would be sufficent?

The experience and sources you have are more than sufficient. So it depennds on how much knowledge you have gained in the 1.5 years and how much of the class and books you can retain. We all have different levels of learning capacity and memory recall, but if you are at least average in those areas you will be fine. Good luck! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Thanks!! For what I read, this exam is no joke. I read that there are alot of scenario questions. I wopuld thought alot of port numbers and OSI model. The best bet is to learn it all or atleast TRY!! lol.

Thanks Again!