Options

Code 39 message CDROM drive disappears in Vista

PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone came across this type of issue?

Basically when you put in any CD/DVD disc into the drive it will not auto run.

Also when you go into the Device Manager there is a Yellow Exclamation Mark besdie the CD/DVD ROM Drive, when you uninstall the device and let Vista pick it up again it still comes back with a code 39 driver missing or corrupted.

I have tried Windows Update, Updating the driver not even the Makers website of the two Laptops that this issues has arisen on do not have any troubleshoots for this type of error.

If any one has come across this problem and solved it i would be very grateful to know why it is doing this in Vista and the resolution.

Regards

Eamonn
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• Options
    knekokneko Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is this a problem that just recently started happening? Has this been occurring the entire time Vista has been installed? Has the equipment been confirmed to be compatible with the operating system? Is there a different drive you could use for testing?
  • Options
    knekokneko Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Hi Kenko,

Thanks for the reply and links, The laptop's CD/DVD ROM drives did work prior to this issue thats why it is so fustrating to come across.

On both occasions the people who own the laptops put in Nero software and soon after the issues started and i got them to uninstall nero as i have read that it can play havoc with the drives.

The socond person put in a disc that was for XP.

The laptops are both runing Vista - Home Basic and Home Premium.

I shall try it when i get home.
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University