Intro Exam Question

m0rpheusm0rpheus Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I was doing some practice questions for the Intro exam and I noticed that there were some sims related to OSPF and IGRP. As far as I know in the Intro book there are no configuration details about OSPF and IGRP...only RIP. So should I work on them now or should I leave them for the ICND?
You can if you think you can

Comments

• NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If they are on the exam blueprint then work on them now. If they are not, then it's whatever you feel you can handle. If you think you can cram the extra load then by all means go for it. If you are already having some difficulties soaking up INtro material, then I would ring out the sponge before soping up more cisco.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    Netstudent wrote:
    If they are on the exam blueprint then work on them now. If they are not, then it's whatever you feel you can handle. If you think you can cram the extra load then by all means go for it. If you are already having some difficulties soaking up INtro material, then I would ring out the sponge before soping up more cisco.[/quote
    Netstudent... can you elaborate more on the 'exam blueprint'?? Is this the flavour of the month for Cisco? I understand that there's somewhere on the Cisco website that gives an indication of whats to be expected on the exam. If there is, I've never seen it on there!
    totts from essex
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    totts wrote:
    Netstudent... can you elaborate more on the 'exam blueprint'?? Is this the flavour of the month for Cisco? I understand that there's somewhere on the Cisco website that gives an indication of whats to be expected on the exam. If there is, I've never seen it on there!

the exam blue print aka exam objectives can be viewed here: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-821.html

let us know if you need anything else!!
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The thing about the blueprint is that it is very general, it doesn't state specifically what routing protocols are being tested on... icon_confused.gif
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
    r_durant wrote:
    The thing about the blueprint is that it is very general, it doesn't state specifically what routing protocols are being tested on... icon_confused.gif

read the CCNA blue print and then you will know. Nowhere in the INTRO blue print does it say anything about routing protocols.

Then if you read the CCNA blue print says

Select an appropriate routing protocol based on user requirements
    Configure routing protocols given user requirements
    Troubleshoot routing protocols
    Evaluate rules for packet control

I don;t know how much more specific that can be. The routing protocols that will be on the CCNA or ICND are RIP,EIGRP,OSPF
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
    Sorry, I read CCNA exam blueprint when I made that comment...but what i mean is it does state what you said, how does one know what protocols have been dropped?

Don't get me wrong, educate me here...even from what you indicated it doesn't say which protocols are being tested...

Where does it state...
    The routing protocols that will be on the CCNA or ICND are RIP,EIGRP,OSPF
  • tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    shednik wrote:
    totts wrote:

the exam blue print aka exam objectives can be viewed here: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-821.html

let us know if you need anything else!!
    Thanks very much Shednik, that link's helpful, I particularly like the 'exam tutorial'. There won't be any shocks when I sit on the chair now ; )
    totts from essex
    r_durant wrote:
    Sorry, I read CCNA exam blueprint when I made that comment...but what i mean is it does state what you said, how does one know what protocols have been dropped?

Don't get me wrong, educate me here...even from what you indicated it doesn't say which protocols are being tested...

Where does it state...
    The routing protocols that will be on the CCNA or ICND are RIP,EIGRP,OSPF

it does not say which routing protocols are tested on the blue print for CCNA or ICND. I have learned from the good fellas here at the forums who have given some nice tips and tidbits about what routing protocols to focus on. Plus IGRP isnt even a feature of modern IOS versions. So thats a pretty good indication. you just have to be frequent here and pick up on the little clues and keep your eyes open. technologies that are phasing out in the field will probably be phasing out of Cisco exams as well.
    Ok understood, I usually do try to keep active....

I just thought it was mentioned somewhere on Cisco.com and I just wasn't looking the right place...

Thanks,
    RD