Calculator????

mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
taking my test on Saturday.

Do they give you access to a calculator in the exam like the microsoft exams ??

Also can you use "?" in the sim questions?

Thanks Matt.

Comments

• NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can definately use the ? in the sims. I just watched those CCNA prep videos on the cisco.com prep center website. you really need to watch those before you take the test. They answer every question you could have and give great insight to the topics that everyone knows will come up on the test. They also go over practice questions that are identical to the types of questions on the test. It's definately a must for last minute prep and questions. IN the videos a test-writer says specifically the sims are supposed to be exactly like real wolrd. They want you to be able to do anything on the sim that you can do in the real world besides asking your boss the answer.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do they give you access to a calculator in the exam like the microsoft exams ??

When I took the Intro test, there was no calculator. Also, I was not allowed to bring a simple, non-scientific calculator into the test room.
  • mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    That sucks anyone taken the 801 can confirm this for sure??

I mean it so a huge deal i just like to be able to write my 8 and 16 times table out for subnetting.
    I guess im gonna have to learn my times tables like a normal person. I always hated learning that...

The Boson Sims hide sections of the "?" hence my question either because they are not detailed enough or because its designed so you know how by heart the full commands.

But thats good news that ? is available....
  • wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mattsthe2 wrote:
    That sucks anyone taken the 801 can confirm this for sure??

I mean it so a huge deal i just like to be able to write my 8 and 16 times table out for subnetting.
    I guess im gonna have to learn my times tables like a normal person. I always hated learning that...

The Boson Sims hide sections of the "?" hence my question either because they are not detailed enough or because its designed so you know how by heart the full commands.

But thats good news that ? is available....

What part of the 8s and 16s is giving you trouble, or just all in general?

And I guess it goes hand in hand, is it only those two numbers, because if so and you know your 32's, that 16s should be a problem. Then all you really need to rememebr is the 8s, and that is in increments of 40's(if you multiply by 5)

Just a few heads up hints.

Big numbers I remember for 16.....

16 (1)
    80 (5)
    160 (10)
    240 (15)

and 8s...
    8 (1)
    40 (5)
    80 (10)
    120 (15)
    160 (20)
    200 (25)
    240 (30)

From those increments, I don't have a problem adding a few 16s or 8s to get to the next network
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.
  • datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    Just right down the list of subnet ranges, and (by powers of 2) before the test starts.
    You will do fine...
    Arrakis
  • mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    wait2dominate --- dude i have never thought of it like that....thats pretty cool.

Thanks.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    no calculator, only a grease board use it wisely
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mattsthe2 wrote:
    wait2dominate --- dude i have never thought of it like that....thats pretty cool.

Thanks.

Not a problem man. Any little hint/tip that helps others is always good to pass on. Hope it works for you
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.