Oh yea! MCSA and MCTS all at one go!

nickmak86nickmak86 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys!

Woo hoo! Did my MCSA elective... the 70-431... SQL Server 2005 Implementation and Maintainence... Got 940! So this means that I've finally got my MCSA and MCTS: SQL Server 2005 qualification!

Yay!!! Now to work on the last three to get the MCSE!

Cheers,
Nick

Comments

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

What resources did you use for the 70-431? I'm currently studying for it, so any advice will be appreciated.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! icon_cool.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good stuff :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • nickmak86nickmak86 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

What resources did you use for the 70-431? I'm currently studying for it, so any advice will be appreciated.

Hi there,

I have to say, the MOC kits are really crap for the 70-431, as the stuff in the exam was not really in the books. I realised that this 70-431 exam is quite different from all the others - There're two sections, first on has MCQs and the next has Simulations. I think the simulations were the ones that bore the most weight... I mean, you have close to 3 hrs for 15 sims...

To do well in this exam I think you need to learn how to do your backups, differential and transactional log backups, 'cause a lot of that was on the exam for me. The sims just tell you what to do, and you do it... But all in all, I think I was lucky to get 940/1000 for the exam.

One word of advice - The internet is a great resource for the 70-431 exam. Lots of people had done it and you can get more advice from them too.

All the best to you!

Cheers,
    Nick
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The MOC kits are crap, so what else did you use that allowed you to score so highly? Thanks!
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)