Passed the Beast

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
well after all this studying it was worth it

passed with an 880

quite a few DNS questions and RRAS the DHCP stuff was pretty basic

had 3 sims one RRAS and 2 DNS

I'm'; glad I put the time in to study for this exam and the Transcender software really helped

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Thanks

I just ordered the sybex Security+ book .....time for a break from MS exams
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Job and good luck on Security+!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats and good score! Thanks for the breakdown of questions/sims icon_cool.gif
  • Yisrael48Yisrael48 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with us,.

cheers
    It's the thought that counts
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, nice to have the beast behind you, huh? What's next on the ol' hit-list?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Slowhand wrote:
    Congratulations on the pass, nice to have the beast behind you, huh? What's next on the ol' hit-list?

I want a break form MS exams for a bit

my next one is gonna be Security + I have a genuine interest in security and I'd like ot get a solid starting point which I think the security + will give me

then it'll probably be my 299 so I can get my MCSA with Security Designation

after that either exchange or CCNA...right now where I work we have an excellent routing and switching guy but he's a solo mission so I want ot learn enough form him and by studying to be able to assist if he is not available

the other part to this equation is my gf just got hired for a job that is in Manitboa and I' in Nova scotia so in the next year I may need to relocate and I do not want to go back to the phones when I'm' an admin now or go back ot alot of Tier 1 support. I only have a year under my belt right now doing admin stuff but I think a beefed up cert list and another year of experience will keep me doing admin work.

Plus I like to learn and understand different job roles
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Smallguy wrote:
    after that either exchange or CCNA...right now where I work we have an excellent routing and switching guy but he's a solo mission so I want ot learn enough form him and by studying to be able to assist if he is not available

That's a good way to transition into a different type of technology, working as a "backup" for someone already doing the work. That's how I began my CCNA studies, tagging along with the Sr. Network Engineer on some projects as I was learning, until I slowly began grasping what was going on and how the network was set up. Sounds like a good plan, and good luck on the Security+ and 70-299 as well.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Smallguy, and good luck on your future plans and move. Even though you'll be concentrating on the Sec+ and Cisco stuff I hope you'll still stop by the MS forums to help out now and then. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

I have a question for you... what did you use to study for the 291 sims?
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!