Options

Going for :Messaging this month

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
I finally hunkered down and have shifted my training efforts toward MCSE:Messaging and I am going to try to get both Exchange exams done this month. I've been managing Exchange servers for years though in a scenario with more than 3 or 4 sites and 1 AD domain, but going over the MS Press guide for 70-284 most of the protocols and Exchange specific stuff seemed like review for me. Couple areas like migrating from other vendors and clustering Exchange were new but didn't seem all that complicated. So I am going to press on this week hopefully and take 284.

Question to those of you experienced Exchange admins who have taken both exams. With Exchange experience and knowing the 284 concepts pretty well, should the 285 design exam be fairly straight forward?

I have been signed up for some MOC courses that are aligned with the MCSE:Security additional requirements beginning at the end of the month so hopefully I can get the messaging stuff out of the way.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

blargoe
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Since your saying that you have years of experience in Exchange I think you should do fine. Clustering wasn't really brought up when I took 70-284 and 70-285.

70-285 is the standard "design exam" so it will be more theory than actual practical knowledge. The biggest recommendation I can give for 70-285 is make sure you understand routing groups and message flow.