Options

Average Score = 603.92

methoselahmethoselah Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
I went looking through posts going back to November 26, when the test change to 2003 objectives.

Since November 26, thirteen people who passed Core Hardware posted their scores in this forum and averaged a ... 603.92

855 (Okipatrick) Nice!
603.92 = average

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Oh. so there are some people out there crancking out their frequency histograms and stuff eh.

613 is actually a good average keeping in mind the number of people who actually posted their score.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    That is about the score you see on other sites as well
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    CopperFrogCopperFrog Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think failing scores should also be factored in so you get a more realistic average. You can average in a score of 855 but it should be balanced with failing scores too.

Just my thought icon_cool.gif
    Friends will help you move, best friends will help you move a body
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I agree with all of you icon_lol.gif

Also keep in mind that the maximum score is 900. I don't think there is a relation between the scores and this site, considering that we cover nearly half of the exam objectives in our TechNotes, and virtually nobody uses our site as their only source. Nevertheless I think the scores wil increase once we have more TechNotes for this exam. ;)

The scores are probably also lower than before the 2003 objectives because many people still rely on study material published for the 'old' objectives.

It also look like the new A+ exams are just harder than the 2001 version, if it wasn't for the low passing score, they would be harder to pass as well. ;)
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    I agree Webmaster, until the course books catch up there will be lower scores even though the objectives are posted. This also might make the A+ look like the cert it used to be.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?