2nd Sec+ Pass today!!!

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
YAHOO!!! I got an 808. I told myself id be satisfied with >800, so I was glad to see that score. I felt I got hit with a rather difficult pool of questions (the classic "bad wordage", possible multiple answers, etc). No Linux though!!! icon_lol.gif A few suprisingly detailed Kerberos questions. Other than that, it was READ the question and make sure that the answer you provided fits the BEST.

This test is tricky. I really thought I failed or was close to failing.

MY ADVICE: Study up!!! I was getting 90-94% on my practice exams, so Id say if you can comfortably accheive that, youre good. Have multiple study outlets (books CBT, tech exam notes, etc). Use your time wisely on the exam. Mark the questions youre unsure of and go back. CAREFULLY read each question. I really think thats what saved me.

I also noticed that SrAtechie passed as well today . I want to extend my congrats to him as well, and for the slightly better score icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

I want to thank the forum for helping me out, and of course Johan for the technotes provided!

I think I deserve a week vacation now icon_lol.gif
CHEERS!
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Sah-weet! Nice job!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D It's about time. ;):D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude!!!!!! icon_thumright.gif

Whats is up next?
    <b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
    WIP: Network+
    Next: CCNA
  • techgeek07techgeek07 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats, both of you!!!
    Please excuse any spelling errors, I speak well, but, write like a five year old
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    Congratulations! :D It's about time. ;):D

haha no kidding. not too bad for 6 weeks of hardcore studying :D
    ksimpson wrote:
    Congrats dude!!!!!! icon_thumright.gif

Whats is up next?

290 and "the beast" 291, not necessarily in that order, to complete my MCSA. Im taking a week off, then Ill decide soon after.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you as well snadam! It must be something about today, cause my test had some questions on UNIX so I had to dig deep in the cranium for some of that information. Anyone prepping to sit for this test, heed his words. Read the question carefully. I had a few questions that sounded almost the same and in fact had the exact same set of answers but upon reading the questions a second time, the answers were different. Cheers! :)
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • bodaciousbodacious Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man. good luck on your future certs
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gratulations from me angel.gifangel.gifangel.gif
  • justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, nice job!!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great job! :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GREAT Job!!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!