Options

Passed today

SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I passed the Security+ exam with an 814. A decent score in my book. Anyhoow, this may sound like a recording but I will agree with it; don't take this exam lightly! Yes, it is a Comptia exam, and that implies questions that are not too terribly deep. BUT, there are a lot of areas of study (I can't imagine what it'd be like to have to memorize all 10 areas for CISSP if this Sec+ test is merely touching upon only a handful of them) so my advice would be to read up on as much as you can. At a minimum go through the syngress and sybex books and sprinkle in whatever else you can afford to in the pool. If you're able to at least talk to yourself about a subject (like, explain to yourself the differences between MAC, DAC, and RoleBAC/RuleBAC) then I'd say you know enough about the subject for the exam. Best comparison I can give is if you think of 70-270 as a 4' wide pool that's 3' deep, and CCNA as a 10' wide pool that's 10' deep, the Sec+ exam is a 10' pool that's a foot deep (if that makes sense to anyone). :)
Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! I agree, the Security+ is not something to take lightly - especially with the attached price tag! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    HEY CONGRATS!!! We both have good news today!!!

I agree with your analysis of the test. Other than I was asked some rather detailed questions on certian subjects.

icon_thumright.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Most excellent! Congratulations!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! icon_thumright.gif

Anything else on the list?
    <b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
    WIP: Network+
    Next: CCNA
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulationsangel.gifangel.gifangel.gif
  • Options
    justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GREAT Job!!
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!! I just got my CCNA, and im onto this now
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."