Options

CISSP class at New Horizons?

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Well this summer I have been busy working on my tan, meals on the grill, beer drinking and golf. CISSP has been on the back burner, but with fall coming up I would like to get back on schedule. Our company has a ton of New Horizon credits and in the past I have elected not to go to MS or Cisco classes because of the boredom. I noticed they offer a CISSP class; is this class worth the effort (considering its free)? I will sit through the boredom if it means my skills will be fine tuned to be prepared for this exam. What do you think?

http://www.newhorizons.com/content/outlineDisplay.aspx?SKU=200002333&partNumber=1740CWEE

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can't beat the price. If you think you can retain/reinforce the information from a classroom setting, go for it, if you have the time...
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'll only say this. Make sure you ask who will be teaching the class.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    keatron wrote:
    I'll only say this. Make sure you ask who will be teaching the class.

Ah, I don't think I am going to bother going to the class anyways. I don't really like boot camp style classes, I learn better on my own.