Which book is better

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
Which book is better?

Sybex - 291 2nd edition
MS Press - 291 2nd edition

Comments

• KejanardKejanard Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually I think that they are both excellent publishers. I used MS Press for the 70-291. Generally books published by Sybex are always excellent. For many of my previous certs I have used Sybex books, however I decided to give MS Press a try so I purchase the MCSE Kit. I have never been disappoint by products from either publisher so far, info is well document, lucid and current. In the event the books do contain errors of any sort, you can visit their website to view the errata in any of their products. Hope that was helpful.

Peace!!
    Kejanard
    www.kejanard.net

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." -Aristotle
  • Yisrael48Yisrael48 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Microsoft press book is the best if you are smart you can find that out for yourself!!!!!
    It's the thought that counts
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually use the Sybex books as a primary source. The MS Press books are usually to dry for me.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the MSPress for 70-291 and thought it did a pretty good job.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    do you guys this that the exam cram book is a good supplement to the MS press book?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MS Press and yes for the last question.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The books from MS Press are usually pretty good but the practice exams SUCK!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    RTmarc wrote:
    MS Press and yes for the last question.

many thanks icon_thumright.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

snadam wrote:
    do you guys this that the exam cram book is a good supplement to the MS press book?

I have red the book no i dont like the book my advice, ur better of with a transcender
    kind of thing. I dont get payed for what i am gonna say now. But the Official micro$osft
    book on 70-291 is the best book you can get and i have red most other books from 291.
    That doesnt mean that all Microsoft books are good but this one is for sure. If you use
    transcender the right way it gives a pretty good picture when you are ready to take the real
    thing.

Testout and CBT nuggets are also a nice supplement but!!!! If you had 2 chose(money thing)
    those both help you the most well for now anyway. By the way the rumor goes that per
    1 september the 291 exam format is gonna change don't know if its true, it goes for CCNA for sure. For me i book the exam for 1 sept just in case.
  • alharlandalharland Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Where did you hear this rumor?

I am planning on tasking this test either next week or the week after and this may make my mind up as to when.

Thanks,

Adam.
    Yisrael48 wrote:
    snadam wrote:

I have red the book no i dont like the book my advice, ur better of with a transcender
    kind of thing. I dont get payed for what i am gonna say now. But the Official micro$osft
    book on 70-291 is the best book you can get and i have red most other books from 291.
    That doesnt mean that all Microsoft books are good but this one is for sure. If you use
    transcender the right way it gives a pretty good picture when you are ready to take the real
    thing.

Testout and CBT Nuggets are also a nice supplement but!!!! If you had 2 chose(money thing)
    those both help you the most well for now anyway. By the way the rumor goes that per
    1 september the 291 exam format is gonna change don't know if its true, it goes for CCNA for sure. For me i book the exam for 1 sept just in case.

thanks for the advice.

Im curious about the 291 format change rumor. I find it odd they would just change the exam with little to no notice ahead of time; due to the fact that it takes months on average to study for.

• NeutronNeutron Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is the change for the better? Will the exam be a little easier?

How is it changing?
    Heard the rumor at the **** forum Microsoft section, also there is an PDF for reading at the
    prometric site on info that they became the only test-takers centre. And that new exam technologies are being introduced.

By the way forget the King of the hill **** there are better, corrected PDF'S around but can't tell you anything about it dont want to get kicked of this forum. This is as noughty as i can
    be!!!!
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yisrael48 wrote:
    snadam wrote:

thing.

Testout and CBT Nuggets are also a nice supplement but!!!! If you had 2 chose(money thing)

Lemme know if the exam formats changed, cause I also use transcenders.
    Microsoft turned to 1 testtaking centre, besides that every now and then the pool of
    questions change. So some very popular PDF's will wich i off course wil not mention here be useless over time. Offcourse we aint 100% sure. But think it like this way. Some people who are learning for 70-291 for some time better roundup there learning and plan the exam befor 1 sept.
    But if you are just starting it doesnt matter that much. At the thomson site there is a link
    to an online PDF where they explain some changes.

So you understand it know?

About transcender they are good to test you if you understand the topics so although they dont reasemble actual exam questions(not completely true). They give you a pritty good picture if or if not you understand the stuff(no drugs) you've been learning. And can put ur knowledge into practise. So they are worth there money only i really DONT LIKE Transcenders because they
    weren't nice to my buddy Daniel Petri in the past. Who's old enough who can remember his
    NT4 exam practise programms. heheheh