Thoughts and opinions about CCE cert?

bodaciousbodacious Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will be taking a computer forensics class this fall at a local college and one of the goals of this class is to become CCE certified. I was not familiar with this cert until I read about it in the syllabus and visited the CCE website. I just wanted some feedback from fellow IT professionals on what you think of this cert and if it is something that may be worthwhile to pursue. The syllabus states that if a student obtains this cert, the student will pass the class. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://www.certified-computer-examiner.com/

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Are you taking the course at CCE program at Kennesaw State University? I've never had a chance to look into the program or the CCE cert, but they both look very interesting.
  • bodaciousbodacious Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JD,

I am taking the class at a small private university. I agree, the cert seems interesting. This seems worthwhile to pursue; I just noticed it is one of the approved certs for the CISSP (to waive a year for work experience). I just hope the class doesn't kick my butt too hard. icon_lol.gif
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    If its on the list of certs for the cissp then it has my vote.
    bodacious wrote:
    I just noticed it is one of the approved certs for the CISSP (to waive a year for work experience).
    The Security+ cert that you already have also counts for the same experience for the CISSP requirements.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    JDMurray wrote:
    The Security+ cert that you already have also counts for the same experience for the CISSP requirements.

I'd imagine that you can only wave a single year of work-experience with any one of the certs on the list. (i.e. No combining certs and shaving off all five years' experience, for example.) Although, I can't see any specifics on if you can get one year for a degree and one year for an approved cert, or if you can only get one year off the time, period.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    The (ISC)2 Web site is very clear on what they accept as equivalent to actual work experience. One approved certification and one approved degree would count for two years of experience.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    JDMurray wrote:
    The (ISC)2 Web site is very clear on what they accept as equivalent to actual work experience. One approved certification and one approved degree would count for two years of experience.

Thanks, JDMurray. I wasn't 100% sure, so I didn't want to assume that's what it meant.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.