Exam tomorrow but only found this site today...

paulggspaulggs Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everybody,

I'm due to take my network+ tomorrow, early evening. I've been doing loads of practice tests from Test King, UCertify and Preplogic (I know I went overboard with the credit card buying all those tests but this is my first technical IT cert and wanted to be sure) and seem to get about 90% on average. I used Meyers AIO and Sybex Fast Pass along with Google and Wikipedia (great for the Ethernet standards). My main downfall is rushing through the questions which I know I won't be able to do at the exam as I have no doubts that the questions will be a bit more vague than the practice tests.

I reckon I have the knowledge of the objectives learned quite well but I have a lack of experience, having never worked in the networking field. So i'll have to rely on absorbed facts and common sense (god help me then! icon_wink.gif ).

Isn't it typical that I find this site the night before I take the test? I've been so busy studying and/or worrying about the test that I didn't even think to look a forum on the subject. D'oh!

Anyway, i'm sure this great looking site will come in handy for sitting my A+, CCNA and MCSA in the near future (as you can see i'm aiming low! :D ).

I decided to take the Network+ before the A+ as I know a lot of the stuff on the A+ already and therefore wanted to start with something new to get my teeth into getting certified, if you know what I mean?

Well that's enough rambling from me, i'm off to do one more practice test and then it's all down to not getting stressed or rushing things tomorrow.

Cheers,

Paul.

Comments

• ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, we're glad you found the site. I found it a few months ago. Great Information.

Dont worry, you'll do fine.

GoodLuck!!!! :D

Lets know how you do! icon_thumright.gif
    <b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
    WIP: Network+
    Next: CCNA
  • denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • paulggspaulggs Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got home from the test centre and I Passed!

I got 800 so i'm really pleased. Now to start studing for the A+!

At least now that I know about this site I can get some extra help for forthcoming certs etc.

Cheers everyone!

Paul.
  • denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! angel.gifangel.gifangel.gif
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    paulggs wrote:
    Just got home from the test centre and I Passed!

I got 800 so i'm really pleased. Now to start studing for the A+!

At least now that I know about this site I can get some extra help for forthcoming certs etc.

Cheers everyone!

Paul.
    Congratulations! The A+ should be a breeze now. ;)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations and good luck moving forward :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • paulggspaulggs Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    Congratulations! The A+ should be a breeze now. ;)

Here's hoping!

Cheers guys,

Paul.