Citrix certification information

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
Updated 6/1/2007.

Citrix certification website: http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/education.asp

Certification information: http://www.citrix.com/English/SS/education/certifications.asp

Certifications:

CCA - Citrix Certified Administrator
- Five different tracks. Not all exams are currently available
    - Presentation Server 4 [list:f6166cf606]1. Either exam 256 on PS 4.0 or exam 259 on PS 4.5 2. eLearning CTX-1455CW Citrix Common Management Platform 4.5: Administration
- Password Manager 4
    1. Either exam 327 on PM 4.5 or exam 326 on PM 4.0 2. eLearning CTX-1455CW Citrix Common Management Platform 4.5: Administration
- Access Gateway 4
    1. Either exam 308 on Access Gateway 4.5 or exam 306 on Access Gateway 4.2 2. eLearning CTX-1455CW Citrix Common Management Platform 4.5: Administration 3. eLearning CTX-1307BW Citrix Access Gateway 4.5: Administration
- Access Gateway 8 Enterprise Edition
    1. Exam 309 on Access Gateway Enterprise 8.0
- NetScaler 8.0
    1. 731 NetScaler 8.0: Administration
[/list:u:f6166cf606]

CCEA - Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator
- Currently only the PS 4 track is available. It includes both PS 4.0 and 4.5.
- 5 exams and one eLearning module
- used to focus on the Presentation server / MetaFrame product, but now includes exams for other products
    1. 256 PS 4.0 or 259 PS 4.5 2. 258 PS 4.0: Support 3. 306 Access Gateway 4.2 or 308 Access Gateway 4.5 4. 326 Password Manager 4.0 or 327 Password Manager 4.5 5. 456 Access Suite 4.0: Build/Test 6. eLearning CTX-1455CW Citrix Common Management Platform 4.5: Administration (the AW and BW versions are also valid)

CCIA - Citrix Certified Intagration Architect
- 4.0 version requires 6 exams and an eLearning module.
    1. 256 PS 4.0 or 259 PS 4.5 2. 306 Access Gateway 4.2 or 308 Access Gateway 4.5 3. 326 Password Manager 4.0 or 327 Password Manager 4.5 4. 456 Access Suite 4.0: Build/Test 5. 613 Citrix Access Suite 4.0: Analysis 6. 614 Citrix Access Suite 4.0: Design 7. eLearning CTX-1455CW Citrix Common Management Platform 4.5: Administration (the AW and BW versions are also valid)

CCSP - Citrix Certified Sales Person

CCI - Citrix Certified Instructor

For the CCA and CCEA instructor training is not required, but recommended. the eLearning is required and was $100 for the ones I have to taken. The 1455 eLearning is required for multiple tracks, but only needs to be taken once.

Exam information: http://www.citrix.com/English/SS/education/exams.asp

The Citrix website lists the exam price as $100. I checked the Prometric website and all the listed exams except 614 and 456 were $150 each. 614 and 456 were $300 each.

Originally exams were only available at Prometric centers, but it was recently announced that they would also be available at VUE centers.

there is a link for Citrix Exam Release, Discontinuation and Retirement Schedule. Information on Exam/Certification discontinuation and retirement can be found here: http://www.citrix.com/English/ss/education/feature.asp?contentID=25972

Training is availbe through CALCs, Citrix Authorized Learning Centers.
It isn't advertised very well, but you can purchase the course books from the calc without taking the class. Around $300 per book.

Books:
- Official course books from CALCs
- PDF documenation from the support website: http://support.citrix.com/docs/
- There is an exam cram for PS 3.0 and 4.0. Not sure I would want to use an Exam Cram that covers 2 products.
- Old books - there are older books floating around for the MetaFrame 1.8, XP, and 3.0 exams for both the CCA and the CCEA. Don't buy these they are worthless as study guides.
Your best resource is the documentation. If you can get them the course books will help.
Practice exams:
http://www.citrixxperience.com/
http://www.learncitrix.com/ - seems to be falling behind.
Misc:
Brian Madden has a site with a lot of good information: www.brainmadden.com He has a couple of books and does an unofficial training class. There is an eLearning DVD available of the class. It is not geared towards the certification, but wold be a good resource to have.
You should have a good understanding of Windows server before working on the CCA.
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for posting this info! I changed it into a Sticky.
  • InfInf Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wanted to say thanks for this post, it's exactly what I was looking for - especially the info on eLearning/exam/book cost. Citrix's site is pretty but not very good at providing pertinent information.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you looking into getting one of their certs? I'm getting ready to renew my CCA. Doubt I will renew the CCEA.
    Andy

• InfInf Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    Are you looking into getting one of their certs? I'm getting ready to renew my CCA. Doubt I will renew the CCEA.

I want to do the CCA at this point. We just upgraded to Presentation 4, and are having lots of problems. I want to get myself educated on Citrix on a basic level so I can setup and troubleshoot better. Even though the main configuration is done by our parent IT department in Germany, it would help a lot if I could give them an educated guess on what the problem is.

Aside, could you tell me what the length of certification is before renewal?

I was considering starting with this book and then perhaps moving on to the CALC book and the eLearning. [/url]
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do Citrix certs expire?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    Citrix policies seem to change at times, so what i'm saying might not be totatly accurate.

As far as I know the certs do retire / expire. at the beginning of the summer, I was told that to retain my CCA I would need to recertify by the end of the year. I haven't seen an official announcemennt, but I haven't looked either. The person who told me this was a citrix employ that worked in either the education or partner support group. Originally I had to recertify, by the end of June for our partner status, but that was bumped back to December also.

I believe they keep two tracks active at a time. Once a third track is complete, the first track will be retired. Ex. Currently the XP and 3.0 tracks are active. The 4.0 track has either just been completed or will be shortly, so after that they will retire the XP track. By active, i mean that all exam are live.

As far as that book goes, I would skip it and just print off the admin guide.
    Andy

• kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Probably should update the page now..because its available at pearson vue also.
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
    kenny504 wrote:
    Probably should update the page now..because its available at pearson vue also.

I went through and updated the information. Let me know if there is anything else that needs corrected.
    Andy

• LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    U
    Certifications:

CCA - Citrix Certified Administrator
    - Five different tracks. Not all exams are currently available
      - Presentation Server 4
      1. Either exam 256 on PS 4.0 or exam 259 on PS 4.5 2. eLearning CTX-1455CW Citrix Common Management Platform 4.5: Administration
    -

To confirm - do I defiantly need to take the Citrix eLearning course (1455CW) as well as the 259 exam to qualify as a Citrix Certified Administrator?

I’ve just taken the CTX-1255AW Citrix Presentation Server 4.0: Architectural Overview eLearning course (and passed), but now I’m thinking that this was the wrong one!

Thanks in advance,

Luke
    You need the 1455 course.

Look here: http://www.citrix.com/english/ss/education/certversion.asp?contentID=23732

If you can also use the certification wizard to check what you need: http://citrix.com/English/SS/cert_reqmt/cert_reqmt_tool-1.asp
    Andy

• LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks chief :) - Much appreciated. It appears that our supplier has sold me the wrong product!

Going from the link - it appears that you can currently on obtain CCA in Presentation Server 4? Even thought i'd be taking the 259 (PS4.5) Exam and classroom course?

Thanks again for all of your help,

Kind Regards,

Luke
    It looks like the cert is the CCA for PS 4. There does not appear to be a distinction between PS 4.0 and PS 4.5. Let us know what shows up on your certificate.
    Andy

• SysuserSysuser Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Day,

Sorry to interupt, nevertheless let me plead your indulgence.

Am an aspiring IT Professional with
    Cisco CCNA | Cisco CCENT | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Network+ | ITIL V3 Foundation.

Currently, I've the following exams already paid for
    Prince2Foundation | ISEB | Cisco CCNA Security | MCITP: EA (680,640,642,643,647)

Reason for my Post:
    1. I'm a citrix novice aka "absolute novice".
    2. I "hope" to attaing CCEE status one day.
    3. I "not employed" hence "Citrix" preparation Courses is not an option.
    4. Is "http://citrixxperience.com/" a legal website ... cus getting free stuffs when Citrix is charging for it kinda lights a bulb in my head.
    5. What is the "Cheapest" and "Legal Self-Study or Self-Training" method.
    6. As a novice, where do I even start on the path to CCEE.

Response is appreciated.
  • katakatakkatakatak Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sysuser wrote: »
    Good Day,

Prince2Foundation | ISEB | Cisco CCNA Security | MCITP: EA (680,640,642,643,647)

Reason for my Post:
    4. Is "http://citrixxperience.com/" a legal website ... cus getting free stuffs when Citrix is charging for it kinda lights a bulb in my head.

Response is appreciated.

Hi I'm an MCSA myself, and was studying for the CCNA, but have had to put that on pause since I'm got a new gig and am working primarily with Citrix Networking products (NetScaler, Branch Repeater, ..). I recently passed the CCA for XenApp 5 (A05 exam) so I'm might be leaning more towards the other networking CCAs than getting the CCEE, but who knows. From my understand, Citrix provides a CCA certification for each different technology (think MCTS from Microsoft). The CCEE has a couple of these exams and focusses on Citrix's Server technology.

CCEE is a combination of 5 exams.

You must pass 3 of the CCAs
    - XenApp (XenApp 5 or XenApp 6 test)
    - XenDesktop (XenDesktop 4 or XenDesktop 5)
    - XenServer (XenServer 5)

Another XenApp 5 Test
    - XenApp 5 Advanced test

Engineering Design Test
    -Engineering Citrix Virtualization Solutions

So there you go, I would recommend you take XenDesktop -> XenServer -> XenApp -> XenApp Advanced -> Engineering OR XenApp -> XenApp Advanced -> XenDesktop -> XenServer -> Engineering. Just a note, the XenApp test is kind of tough. I took it because I took the class, but I would go XenDesktop first.

Learning this material without a prep class is going to be difficult. I was able to take the class, but there is a lot of material up on Citrix TV (Turn on. Tune in. - Citrix TV), and online documentation. I don't know about books and Nuggets. I think Citrix has its own books similiar to the MSPress books. I would look through the TV site, download the administration guides, get a virtualization box, get a copy of XenServer and try making your own lab. That's really the best way to self learn.
  • Sarah.PaulSarah.Paul Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sysuser wrote: »
    Good Day,

Reason for my Post:

Response is appreciated.

Reply of Number 4

No, it is just a FAKE website for ever. You can not find any single questions related in you exam from Citrixxperience. You can see all other guide copy pasted from original citrix website.

Never trust as it just another MONEY MAKING scam site