Passed the JNCIA-ER

oomingooming Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey yall,

Passed the JNCIA-ER test today, Passed with a 71, cutting it close :) God helped me on that one !

Definitely harder than I was expecting. Not terribly hard, just there isn't much study material out there. The Student guide really helped alot. Went through that twice. The Junos as a Second Language was also pretty good. Didnt do anything with the lab diagram guide, and very little with the lab guide itself. A quick review though did help for some of the syntax to the more common configurations.
Even this test I think is more geared towards the J series, know the M series as well per the objectives.
The Sybex pdf is a bit overkill for this exam, but it definitely is a good reference. The questions in the Sybex are more difficult probably than what you would see on the test, but dont quote me on that one :)

Hope yall all the best
CCNA,CCDA,JNCIA-ER,Sec+,Net+

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Hey congrats! How does the actual exam compare to the online assesment? I scored in the 80s still waiting on my voucher though. You are right, not much stuff out there geared directly at the 341. I've just been reading the student guide.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • oomingooming Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The online assessment was pretty good. Took it a couple times, with increasing scores. Was getting around 85 there towards the end consistantly.
    The questions I think were on par with what the test were in terms of difficulty. Which really werent all that hard :) Think its mostly in terms of how Juniper does things as apposed to Cisco. Where things are located and such, and how things are configured (syntax wise) ----Trying not to give too much away :)

Like most entry level exams for within a vendor, alot of topics, but none terribly too deep.

I believe Juniper has supplied everything that one would need to pass the test(speaking of Juniper's own PDFs, not Sybex), but probably not everything to ace it.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Thanks for the input. I'll keep reading this student guide and some of trhe other PDFs. How long did it take to get your voucher after passing the online exam?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • oomingooming Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No problem. The exam vouchers ,I believe, are sent out on Monday evenings. So it apparently dosnt matter when in the week you take it, they all go out Monday evening. Or thats the impression that I got from the Juniper associate I talked to.

Hope the best to ya