Question about study guides

TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
Does anyone know what are the best study guides out for the Network +, I've been looking at either transcender, or possibly at the sybex series. Anyone got any thoughts on which ones the best?
"Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I used Mike Myers All-In-One, Transcender, and this sites Technotes. I also had a quick look at some Sybex material. Which ever you choose, make sure you use at least two sources to cover any overlap in your studies. I would say if you can remember your networking fundamentals and troubleshooting, you should do well on the live exam. good luck...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Thanks for the info. I think I'm going with the transcender products, as I already have a Mike Meyers passport book, which is pretty good, although it lacks some depth, but I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to get in some reading on the train to work.
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    I agree with ricka, always have at least two sources, I personally like sybex, David Groth seems to work for me. There are a lot of free practices test out there, use them all. Good luck
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I used the Sybex book, and passed no problem. Which ever way you go make sure you get all the knowledge you can. It never hurts to be overly prepared.
  • wylie24wylie24 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_rolleyes.gif I used the Sybex press books as well as the Brain Buzz. As for testing software, I found the Exam Crams to be helpful. You can DL their exams for free from their website www.examforce.com. The test is called CramMaster.

Hope it helped and good luck......

Coyote
    Helpful Hint
    > When your brain leaks out of your ears, you need to stop reading and play a game!!!!!!!!!
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Just wanted to say thanks as I just got the Sybex book today, I think this is really will help me out. :D
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    You are very welcome and good luck
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Good Luck with your test.