Trouble with 271

chaney3000chaney3000 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am new here to the forum. I just took my 271 exam today. I failed with a 587. I been to a small training course but the subject matter didn't really relate to the exam questions. I been studying the MS 2261B course book, I took the practice exam on Microsoft.com/learning/mylearning on the 2261B passed it but when I went to take the exam the questions on there were so much more in detail than any of the material I studied.

I need some help. Can anyone give me like some practice exams links (free please) that are more related to the real exam questions. Also all advice is welcome.

Comments

• Im not wayneIm not wayne Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took that exam and failed on my first try (wasn't ready for an MS exam). I originally used the MS press self-paced study kit for it, then I got the Sybex book and passed. I would try to use another book maybe? And this may help: http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/exams/support-windows-xp-os.asp?exam_id=760

P.S: Good luck!
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

70-270- Book in progress
    70-290- coming soon
    70-291- coming soon
    70-293- coming soon
    70-294- coming soon
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    i would suggest MS Press and also you can go hands on with the MeasureUP Tests that comes bundled along. gud luck
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • chaney3000chaney3000 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I am going to get the Sybex book this weekend and start reading it.
  • BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i would suggest MS Press and also you can go hands on with the MeasureUP Tests that comes bundled along. gud luck

Hi Nishesh.Prasad

You are indicating to read the MS Press book 70-271 by Walter Glenn and the Sybax book by Bill Fegurson along with Measureup practice exam test software to prepare for the exam?

I have those books already.

Let me know if those books are only the material I need to study for the exam.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If the measureup test included is anything like the measureup included with the MS Press guides I've seen, they are pieces of crap, the questions and explanations are really ambiguous, sometimes flat out wrong, really horrible. You would really be better served using another practice exam vendor to use with your MS Press guide.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    blargoe wrote:
    If the measureup test included is anything like the measureup included with the MS Press guides I've seen, they are pieces of crap, the questions and explanations are really ambiguous, sometimes flat out wrong, really horrible. You would really be better served using another practice exam vendor to use with your MS Press guide.

How about Transcender practice software? I was told they are good for practicing for the MCDST exams.

I have already purchased the cd. Right now, I am currently reading the books I purchased and then, I will practice using the Transcender CD.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Babietech wrote:
    blargoe wrote:

How about Transcender practice software? I was told they are good for practicing for the MCDST exams.

I have already purchased the cd. Right now, I am currently reading the books I purchased and then, I will practice using the Transcender CD.

Transender IMO are very good, they should serve you well
    shednik wrote:
    Babietech wrote:
    blargoe wrote:

Transender IMO are very good, they should serve you well

Thanks Shednik for responding to my post.