Help with the stupid 70-216

jay1514929jay1514929 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yeah, I took the beast! Thing is I am really pissed off with prometric! The test failed 4 times and one of which I got up to speak with someone (who was talking to other people)> I impatiently returned to my test to find it was back on and counting down.... I sent a nasty letter to prometric demanding a FREE re-test... I mean they only give you 2.25 minutes per question and I lost some 10 - 15 minutes waiting for this stupid thing...

My question

What is a passing grade for the 70-216 test? 70% 75% 60%???

Also

What are you using to study? I am currently using **** as it has helped me with net+, 210, and 215...

Thanks!!!

Comments

• blackguymdblackguymd Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_confused.gif experience.

-blackguymd
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I had the same experience with the 216.. I would click on next question it started to go there and then would stop. I clicked here and there, nada.. Got up, walked out and complained about it stopping, walked back in and then it showed back up.. Lost at least 5 minutes.. This happened both times..
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • jay1514929jay1514929 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am thinking about using pearsons vue from now on...
    I am hoping prometric will let me retake for free
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    If you complain enough they most likely will.. I scheduled a test on a site that had been closed for 2 weeks. Unfortunatly they had failed to update their site and allowed that to happen. I complained about the fact that I had to take that day off for work and bla bla bla.. Needless to say, they got me to another location, that same exact day.
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    What are you using to study? I am currently using [products to **** my way through exams because I'm to darn lazy to actually study for it. as it has helped me with net+, 210, and 215...

Well.... I think we've found the problem right here! icon_eek.gif You CANNOT **** your way through this exam! You have to pick up the thick book and take a ton of practice exams to prepare for this one. And if you don't understand subnetting you're shooting yourself in the foot from the get go. Time has never been an issue when taking these exams. I have NEVER felt that clock ticking on my shoulder and have always walked out of an exam with plenty of time to spare (even after reviewing my exam). Don't get me wrong... I can appreciate how you'd be pissed if the machine you're testing on is having technical troubles, but you also need to put some time and effort into getting through 216, and 217 as well. I recommend you get your hands on the Transcender for this exam and find out where your weak spots are.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Agree with Pavlov.

Think if someone is a true IT wannabe, that person will develop a professional attitude. And, a professional attitude and professional abilities are never nurtured by being pushed by a ticking clock.

I've seen too many instances of "grandfathering" into professional licensing positions because of seniority and/or by a token examination as if seniority made one a professional or provided ability. And, I don't see any difference between this and what folks are doing who go to the quick fix to just get a passing score. The result has often been a headache for the true professional.

Anyway, so much for preachin'! I do hope everyone will make the extra effort to really learn subject matter by reasoning and experimentation before examination.

Good luck to all!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Amen to previous posts. I studied my b@lls off and passed 216 & 217 with at least over an hour to spare on each exam.

Only one way to pass exams, learn the objectives, study and know your practical stuff.

Mike
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
    Over an hour to spare??? I find that a little questionable. Don't get me wrong (and my previous statments have probably misled) I AM studying. I am reading the books and by the way good news, prometric is letting me retake it for free. This time I am going to wait until I am really ready.

But you got to admit this particular test is very limited with time. 135 minutes to go through 60 long questions. The 221 gives more time and is much easier.

Again, sorry to give you guys the wrong impression. I am studying and was mainly frustrated and needed a place to vent. Thanks again I will try the transcender and will eventually pass this along with the rest.

Take care
    J
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Jay i think what happened was this showed up in your post:
    What are you using to study? I am currently using [products to **** my way through exams because I'm to darn lazy to actually study for it. as it has helped me with net+, 210, and 215...

Which i have seen in one other post so I don't know if you wrote it or not. But the post I saw it on was deleted as soon as i replied to it???? Who knows? One thing is that here we don't take cheaters or braindumpers lightly and they have no place on the forum.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    One thing is that here we don't take cheaters or braindumpers lightly and they have no place on the forum
    Indeed. The text [products to **** my way through exams because I'm to darn lazy to actually study for it.] is what our forums' word censor uses to replace the name of a notorious company that sells braindumps/actual questions/**** guides. Reasons for me to implement such a replacement should be ovbvious, but the primary reason is to force users not to post (hence promote) the name of such ILLEGAL companies.
    But the post I saw it on was deleted as soon as i replied to it????
    That must be a post from a user who kept posting the name of that company and promoting it to our users. And you can see in this thread what happens if the original poster does not edit his or her post, hence deleting it saves us from having another 'braindump -discussion'
    as it has helped me with net+, 210, and 215...
    I can imagine that... The replacement text is entirely accurate when it comes to the company you mentioned.

I really don't feel like explaining to people anymore why one shouldn't prepare using 'actual exam question'. If it isn't obvious, you are simply in the wrong business and should reconsider a carreer in IT. What is the purpose of taking a test if you know the answers already... (don't answer please!).

As the Registration Terms of TechExams.net (to which you agreed)clearly states, posting, requesting and promoting actual-exam-question-selling-illegal-companies results in a permanent ban. Note that virtually all self-respecting IT cert sites have an anti-braindumps policy.

Last but not least: people who use **** have nothing valuable to share in our forums, for our hard working studying-their-butt-off members, nor anything to add to the IT industry. The same people are responsible for the devaluation of certifications that once where premier. With the current tight job market, we certainly cannot accept any people who try to **** their way thru getting certified, they might steal a job some day from somebody who actually deserved to get the job...

CompTIA and others have won law suits against similar companies and will eventually get to this one as well. Your personal info, and the fact that you bought their products will end up at CompTIA and other exam vendors, this has happened before. In case of those other, by now closed down, companies, CompTIA decided not to take away certifications of people they know cheated. There is a HUGE chance they will do that next time.

See what you did?? Starting me to rant about **** sites again.... icon_wink.gif

There are several older discussions about braindumps and **** sites in these forums, please try a search.

Also:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.mcmcse.com/articles/braindumps.shtml
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    well I think posts like these make clear the determination of this site being extremely anti-braindumpz. Of course, the one most important thing that gives this site its distinction among others is that is has a 'your's truly' anti-braindumpz webmaster.

This place is the kinda place where the sun is really shining. icon_sunny.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    jay1514929 wrote:
    Over an hour to spare??? I find that a little questionable.

Cheeky so and so, Im sure a poll of posters who have sat mcp exams will prove that a fair number of them finish with a fair bit of time left.

Its called knowing your topic well, matey. I last sat 219, began at 9.30 and was out by 11.20. And am sitting 221 on Friday to give me MCSE. I'll post my time used then.
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Of course, the one most important thing that gives this site its distinction among others is that is has a 'your's truly' anti-braindumpz webmaster.
    icon_lol.gif Well, fortunately, I'm not alone. I know the moderators (that includes you ;)) share the same opinion, and so do most of our members. And so do a lot of other sites, there aren't many places left where you'll get a helping hand if you mentioned you use **** guides, which should only be logical.
    Im sure a poll of posters who have sat mcp exams will prove that a fair number of them finish with a fair bit of time left.
    I agree, if you know the topic well, many questions will be easy to answer quickly.
  • rino671rino671 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    been studying my %^%%!!! off forever it feels like... can't **** your way thru this test... too much to know and why would you want to? Only going to look stupid at interview time... taking the 216 in 10 days... icon_eek.gif
    Best of luck!
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Good luck rino671
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Best of luck, rino671!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    I think that.. braindumps are cockroaches.
    On the other hand, I think microsoft exams are a pain in the ass.

What we need is a guide for writing microsoft exams -- in general.

Nothing specific, but certain guidelines on just what exactly Microsoft is asking. Particular reasons they chose this question with these answers.

What does microsoft expect for exam X? Do I value security over stability in an active directory exam, or is security more important for a security exam?

etc.
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
    I think MS exams look very straight forward. I haven't seen one misleading or 'encrypted" question in my exams. They are indeed a real Royal pain, but that's just becuase they're hard; that's all.

You'll certainly have to use the right tools at the right time, that's what MS "should" expect. Whether you're required to value a certain thing over another in a particular exam doesn't nessesarily mean you'll have to do the same in other exams. If security is a factor you should consider when doing AD, then you should. If you should value stability over security in AD's, then you should. If no rules are laid down for what you should do, then follow the guidelines for what you shouldn't do.

If there are no guidelines for both, then tell them to kiss you azz icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif