Options

Chris Bryant CCNP BSCI Package

LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am thinking of ordering this and before I spend 100 on it I wanted to know if anyone knows the difference b/w this and TrainSignals BSCI package. Chris Bryants website links me to the TrainSignals site for the contents of his package but when I get to the purchase screen it comes up as 97.00 where as the TrainSignal stuff is 199 ?? I am a little confused here... Any difference b/w these two? Are Bryants CBT videos being used by TrainSignal and they are charging more? Is Bryant just charging less bc its his material? Thanks for any help guys. :)

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not absolutely postitive on this, but i think the trainsignal package is just the videos. The chris bryant BSCI package is a combination of several books, online rack rental, and some study tips with do's and dont's.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Yes you are right... The Bryant Advantage is just the books and stuff. The actual videos are separate through Train Signal.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have used both..The ebooks are good but you don't get the sorta tactile feel of the switches and routers unless you use the videos. Also many times he will emphasize certain things or tell a story on the videos to make a point that you don't get in the ebooks,

Content wise they are essentially the same. The videos are basically recordings produced by Train Signal for Chris.

They are quite good but I would not abandon Cisco Press or other resources and hands on too. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Sounds like the higher the cert the more $ you gotta spend on study material... hehe
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats true! But think of it as getting a return on your investment. Never invest unless you can get a return. The return is a lifetime of knowledge and a high paying career. And respect!

I mean how awesome would it be to be the go to guy on campus. To be that guy that everyone goes to when they can't figure it out. I think thats something I want most of all.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Oh yeah I totally agree... I am not going to spare anything studying for these exams.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Until of course you run out of hours in the day and need an assistant go to guy!!! :)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    mean how awesome would it be to be the go to guy on campus. To be that guy that everyone goes to when they can't figure it out. I think thats something I want most of all.

working and calling the shots on a sizable network for a reputable company is what I am hunting for....
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    larkspur wrote:
    mean how awesome would it be to be the go to guy on campus. To be that guy that everyone goes to when they can't figure it out. I think thats something I want most of all.

working and calling the shots on a sizable network for a reputable company is what I am hunting for....

Same here. :D
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    larkspur wrote:

there are people that call the shots, they are called managers, they have no certs and do not know anything about IT. Think you need a CCNP to manage a network??? Nope, just an MBA. God i hate managers
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    I have them both. The videos are extremely similiar (even verbatim in many instances) to the written study course. I still think it is worth having both though. Chris makes a lot of good comments that are in the videos that are not in the written material, and the written material does have some bonuses, and well as practice labs that are not in the videos. I bought them both, and will probably by both for the next exam. He is a good teacher though. You can't beat that.
  • Options
    Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
    Yes, I agree completely. I will buy every study package he produces. He is very good. Not just better than other stuff when forced to compare, but actually very good. One of the few times I have ever really been satisfied with a product.

I have come up with this method as well. Read Chris' study guide first, then read the Cisco Press Study Guide, then read the Cisco Press Exam Cert Guide. Do labs, flash cards, practice tests. A little review (or alot, in my case just to be safe I end up completely rereading at least one book) and a few more labs before the test and you should be ready for it.