Passed both

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
Due to limited ability to take off work to do exams I went ahead and took both 284 and 285 today and passed both. Yay me...
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! How'd you keep your sanity studying for two exams at once?
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well I have experience in Exchange administration which is a plus. Mainly in small to mid-size companies, 2-4 small sites with nothing really complicated. I had to hit stuff like 5.5 migration and coexistence really hard since the only migration I dealt with first hand was a completely manual process without using any of the migration tools. I noticed on the exam there were several questions that were more DNS or routing related than directly email related, and being knowledgeable in those areas really helped too.

I had studied for 284 for the past month or so. I am fortunate enough to work for a company that has an SA agreement with Microsoft and I get some e learning courses provided for me, and I used that for the past several days as a study help for the design exam (285).
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats blargoe!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great work, huge congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    always a great feat when killing two exams in one day! icon_thumright.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're braver than me, congrats! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.