Options

Fellow Tech needs help

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Does anybody have a Network Plus Test out CD they are no longer using? I'm getting laid off my main job ( Friday) and I have to push off taking my Network Plus Test yet again and I was wondering if anybody has any CBT's they are no longer using if I might be able to have/buy ( real cheap).

I doubt I am going to be able to take the test soon, So While I am waiting, I want to use the time wisely. If anybody can help that would be great.

mgmguy1

"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are looking for good free materials to use for Network+ don't forget to check the technotes from this site. I am sure by your post count you already know about them but I thought I would post it just in case. From what I hear it is enough to pass the exam.

http://www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Thanks I have that printed out. In Addition I have these items.

Network Plus Book N10-003 by Robert J Shimonski
    Mike Myers Network Plus "Passport 2ed Edition"
    Cramsession Network Plus PDF
    Technotes PDF.

People in these fourms say Test out is best resource you can have to pass the test. With getting laid off I can't afford $500.00 to buy it. That's why I was asking if there was someone who wants to donate or sell real cheap there CBT if they are no longer using it.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    mgmguy1 wrote:
    Thanks I have that printed out. In Addition I have these items.

Network Plus Book N10-003 by Robert J Shimonski
    Mike Myers Network Plus "Passport 2ed Edition"
    Cramsession Network Plus PDF
    Technotes PDF.

People in these fourms say Test out is best resource you can have to pass the test. With getting laid off I can't afford $500.00 to buy it. That's why I was asking if there was someone who wants to donate or sell real cheap there CBT if they are no longer using it.

PM me, i'll help you, no problem.

Hope this help. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • Options
    ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

Of all the items you currently have, you should be okay. If you want some practice questions, I recommend going to www.preplogic.com and downloading the demo. The demo is 1 of 3 tests they have for the practice test engine. It has 84 questions and I thought they are really great real life scenaro questions. Check it out, It wouldnt hurt and it's free!!!

Goodluck!
    <b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
    WIP: Network+
    Next: CCNA
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    mgmguy1 wrote:
    Does anybody have a Network Plus Test out CD they are no longer using? I'm getting laid off my main job ( Friday) and I have to push off taking my Network Plus Test yet again and I was wondering if anybody has any CBT's they are no longer using if I might be able to have/buy ( real cheap).

I doubt I am going to be able to take the test soon, So While I am waiting, I want to use the time wisely. If anybody can help that would be great.

mgmguy1

Sorry mgmguy1,

If you read CBT's licensing they are very clear that the license is not transferable. If you buy 1 seat..it's yours, but not your's to give away or sell.

As far as TestOut, I'm not sure of their policy, but likely similar.

I'm sorry to hear you are losing your job. Unfortunately, investing $500 into training materials that help educate a person to obtain a higher paying job...or in the state...as job...isn't really asking that much.

Please review the licensing of products before merely asking around for them. You can get yourself and the person 'helping' you into a jam down the line.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Good to know. I was not aware. I am under the impression once you buy something it's yours to do with as you please. Thanks for the heads up.

Fats Domino
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    mgmguy1 wrote:
    Good to know. I was not aware. I am under the impression once you buy something it's yours to do with as you please. Thanks for the heads up.

icon_eek.gif

Nope. Read though any of your MS licenses. You don't owe software....you purchase rights to use the software and if you ever disagree with the terms or no longer use it...you are to destroy it in may cases.

Certainly, software is not something you 'own'.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    martinedwardsmartinedwards Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    do you still need testout cds as i have the 2005 edition if your interested.
    Knowledge is Power