CTX-1259AI - Citrix Presentation Server 4.5: Administration

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
I’m taking the CTX-1259AI - Citrix Presentation Server 4.5: Administration Course next week (5 days). Does anyone have any tips on what I need to pay close attention to or has anyone taken this recently that can advise me on what to expect? :)

Regards,

Luke

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It has been over 5 years since I have taken the admin class Hopefully they improved it since then. It was a really slow class and should have been at least a day shorter. From reviewing the the outline it looks like they have added a decent amount of material, so it should keep you busy.

The course material is broken into modules that cover a topic. Each module has a number of different topics. At the end of each topic there are usually a couple of hands on exercises that illustrate what was covered. At the end of the module there are some practice questions. When I had taken the class, I think we covered 3 modules a day.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the details ajs.

Does anyone know of where I can find some practice questions so that I know what to expect next week? :)

Kind Regards,

Luke
    Citrixxperience.com is the only place I know of that has practice questions for the new exam. I have never used them, so I don't know if they are any good or not.
    Andy

LukeQuake wrote:
    I’m taking the CTX-1259AI - Citrix Presentation Server 4.5: Administration Course next week (5 days). Does anyone have any tips on what I need to pay close attention to or has anyone taken this recently that can advise me on what to expect? :)

Regards,

Luke

how is the class going?
    Andy

ajs1976 wrote:
    LukeQuake wrote:

Regards,

Luke

how is the class going?

Good Thanks - the first two days have been fairly straight forward covering application publishing, installing PS 4.5, configuring polices etc.

Now moving onto Module 8: Configuring Load Management which is the one that I'm looking forward to! :)

We currently only have 1x PS 4 Server in place at the moment, on completion of this course I'm going to upgrade this to PS 4.5 and add addition 4.5 servers into the farm. Seems like a fairly straight forward process.

All the best,

Luke
    Course complete! :)

Well worth doing, I feel ready to walk in and take the CCA exam now, but am going to do a little more training first!
  • BF2MadBF2Mad Member Posts: 171
    Just curious did you take the course in Milton Keynes at QA-IQ?
    Yes sir! :) Did you?
    Yes, the Internet is a small place :D I was two desks across from you (Philip).

Good luck with the CCA and the rest of your MCSE studies, when are you thinking of taking the CCA exam?
    Haha good stuff :) Were you the guy on the front desk (sitting next to the ex CCEA) or the on the other side of the room from me with the glasses (sitting near the wall)?

I'm thinking sometime later this month, how about you?

All the best,

Luke
    I was the one with
    glasses (sitting near the wall)

I will be taking the exam later this month or early next month depending on when there are some slots at the test centre :D
    Well good luck when you do chief! :)

How did you find the course overall?
    Thanks,

I thought it was well worth it, it was a bit slow at at first but they normally are.

I picked up a few cool thing that should help out in the future, plus it was better than being at work for the week icon_bounce.gif

Far more ready for the exam now than I was a week ago! :D