Passed 70-271

SROSRO Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed exam 70-271 today with a score of 883 :D

I used the MCDST Sybex book(Deluxe Edition), read the first 6 chapters and did the chapter review questions.
Setup two PC's in a network,
Also skimmed over the Cramsession PDF a couple of days before the exam.

Just booked 70-272 for October.

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Im not wayneIm not wayne Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job- 272 is a cakewalk.
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

70-270- Book in progress
    70-290- coming soon
    70-291- coming soon
    70-293- coming soon
    70-294- coming soon
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    Hey BRO ..... thats the Exact Same Score I got when i cleared my 271 a couple of months back .... aweesome. :D ... congrats !
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey BRO ..... thats the Exact Same Score I got when i cleared my 271 a couple of months back .... aweesome. :D ... congrats !

Hi Nishesh,

What books you used to study for the MCDST exam?
  • jim naysiumjim naysium Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know if these people took the same test that I did, but I found the 272 far more detailed than the 271. The questions were more in depth troubleshooting and the multiple choice answers were very similar. I used Transcender, Sybex, MSpress book and various resources.

The first 5 questions were detailed NTFS\Share permissions questions. It dealt with Group Policy, detailed remote desktop and troubleshooting failures in Word/Excel. I understand you have to go into more detail learning the technology. I am just saying be careful preparing for the test. You can't go by people saying it is easy and a "cakewalk". I fell for that and got burned.
  • BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't know if these people took the same test that I did, but I found the 272 far more detailed than the 271. The questions were more in depth troubleshooting and the multiple choice answers were very similar. I used Transcender, Sybex, MSpress book and various resources.

The first 5 questions were detailed NTFS\Share permissions questions. It dealt with Group Policy, detailed remote desktop and troubleshooting failures in Word/Excel. I understand you have to go into more detail learning the technology. I am just saying be careful preparing for the test. You can't go by people saying it is easy and a "cakewalk". I fell for that and got burned.

Hi Jim,

I have those books and other resources. Did you do alot of hands-on exercises as well? I have a step by step Windows XP book. That have exercises.