Options

VMWare Certification

kovokovo Member Posts: 122
Im looking into getting certified as a VCP. Any one out there done VMWare cert, any plans for a feedback of plans for a VMWare forum on this site?

Comments

• Options
    BaggieBaggie Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed VCP in ESX 2.5 last year but no plans as yet to upgrade to VI3, I mentioned in another post that a pre-requisite for sitting the exam was to be an existing VCP or to have sat the instructor led course (which I did), just used the course material and sample questions to sit exam, got 83%
  • Options
    wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would also love to see VCP material on this site also. I use VMware everyday at work and the amount of virtual servers are expected to increase dramatically where I work.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Has anyone used the VMWare training materials from Train Signal? I use VMWare a lot, but there's so much more I could learn about it. I was wondering is anyone has a personal review of the Train Signal material.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I've taken their certs to sell their material, but not on the use. There is a ton of material on their site. So, not the same that you're looking for, but a fine resource.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    swagger77swagger77 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Baggie wrote:
    Passed VCP in ESX 2.5 last year but no plans as yet to upgrade to VI3, I mentioned in another post that a pre-requisite for sitting the exam was to be an existing VCP or to have sat the instructor led course (which I did), just used the course material and sample questions to sit exam, got 83%

Hey!

Im sitting the VI3 course next week, do u get to take home the course material with you?

also through my job I have a lab setup with VI3 that i practise on to get hands on

it is a very interesting technique :)