CCNP fresher, looking for a job

stone123stone123 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hallo friends,

Just now I have achieved my CCNA & CCNP certificate. I am a networking fresher, I don't have any hand on exp of cisco routers. I am an electronics engineer from mumbai university. I am totally confused in choosing a right job.
In which companies in INDIA should I apply & what kind of job & salary should I expect.

Please Help!!! icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Only people from India is capable to tell you where.

Check all the job web sites of your region to see what kind of jobs they are offering, because you do not have exp. (that very rare) in Cisco at CCNP level try to apply to CCNA related job.

Raul
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    A CCNP and no experience might not look well to companies. I'm not sure how it goes in India, but by the time you work your way to a professional level certification, you should know what kind of work you should be looking for. As far as salary, you can't expect much with out experience.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stone123 wrote:
    Hallo friends,

Just now I have achieved my CCNA & CCNP certificate. I am a networking fresher, I don't have any hand on exp of cisco routers. I am an electronics engineer from mumbai university. I am totally confused in choosing a right job.
    In which companies in INDIA should I apply & what kind of job & salary should I expect.

Please Help!!! icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:

Do you know the material? if not it might be better to take the ccnp off your resume.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    you're from india? Do you know my friend ranjan?
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
    Yeah, I think I have to agree with Ed.

Besides, being from India and having no experience tells me that the chance of those certs being bought and not actually earned are quite high. Sad, but true.
  • eli1100000eli1100000 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I think I have to agree with Ed.

Besides, being from India and having no experience tells me that the chance of those certs being bought and not actually earned are quite high. Sad, but true.

In India we give value for acquiring knowledge before going to work.
    So using a statement like this is completely uncalled for.
    Maybe in Japan or Australia you people can buy Degrees or Certificates or Qualifications.
    It doesn't happen in India.

A fresh Certified CCNP with no Experience can earn around Rs 12500-16000/month.
    They give preference for hands on experience.
    After a year or two of working you can expect anything in the range of Rs 22500-25000/month.
    But in the end it all depends on which state and city u work.
    Plus your company profile and the work etiquette of yours in the given company.