Options

CBTs

Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone here ever compared CBT nuggets with train signal CBTs ? Which one do you all think is better? I see there there is a difference in price but I wanted to hear your opnions b4 I decide. Thanks!
INE v4 volume 1

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't used all of them yet, but one of my instructors has. He told me that the quality of learning videos goes in this order:

1. LearnKey 2. Trainsignal 3.CBT nuggets

You will probably get mixed opinions though. Everyone has their own personel favorites.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    I haven't used all of them yet, but one of my instructors has. He told me that the quality of learning videos goes in this order:

1. LearnKey 2. Trainsignal 3. CBT Nuggets

You will probably get mixed opinions though. Everyone has their own personel favorites.

I have used all i prefer the cbt nugget for the quick and dirty on subject matter plus it only takes on average about 2 -3 days to complete a cbt in a non all day event.

the other 2 mentioned can be very time consuming but have alot of great detail.. you may not see any new learnkey for any of the new stuff.. i hadn't seen anything concerning newer cisco releases.. but that may be just me

if it came to a cbt if i only had 1 choice it would be knowledgenet being that it is used by cisco for majority of there online partner learning :) and greatly maps to the exam topics
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Thats good to know.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Keenon. If you have access to the PEC the Knowledgenet stuff is quite good. Barring that Learnkey is nice but very expensive.

I like Chris Bryant's stuff on Trainsignal, I personally have only used CBT Nuggets for Microsoft exams but have seen a few samples of the Cisco material that looked pretty good.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Netstudent wrote:

1. LearnKey 2. Trainsignal 3.CBT Nuggets

I've used the CBT for CCNA and it did a good job of explaining things that I did not fully understand as I used it only as a supplement to my studies, but Trainsignal and LearnKey from what I hear go into better detail and cover more information.
  • Options
    MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
    Well for me CBT works for introductory only but the real benefit is reading the press book after watching the videos like BSCI and BCMSN and read the cisco press added the cisco online manual it helps.

Does anybody here in the forum done reading in 8 DAYS the cisco press BCMSN self study book my exam is near. I will take my exam this coming 30th of Aug. I have A LOT of sleepless night now as my eyes is pouring tear drops already.

Anyway got good news my company asked me to replace our old routers to new 3560 PW switches and change also old 2900 to 2950 so need to used it before sending it to production network for implementing cisco phones. However, no idea about cisco call manager only cisco call express does anyone of you have sample cisco call manager any version 3 or 4 or 5 would really appreciate your help.
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks for your tips. I think I'll go with train signal, because I've already compared their demo's and train signal has better video quality as well.
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    MACattack wrote:
    Well for me CBT works for introductory only but the real benefit is reading the press book after watching the videos like BSCI and BCMSN and read the cisco press added the cisco online manual it helps.

Does anybody here in the forum done reading in 8 DAYS the cisco press BCMSN self study book my exam is near. I will take my exam this coming 30th of Aug. I have A LOT of sleepless night now as my eyes is pouring tear drops already.

Anyway got good news my company asked me to replace our old routers to new 3560 PW switches and change also old 2900 to 2950 so need to used it before sending it to production network for implementing cisco phones. However, no idea about cisco call manager only cisco call express does anyone of you have sample cisco call manager any version 3 or 4 or 5 would really appreciate your help.

try Keenon....