Options

640-861 and 640-863 differences?

bobparsonsbobparsons Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
I'm studying for my CCDA - hope to take the exam in a couple of weeks and just realised that 640-861 is retired. The online study course I've purchased doesn't have a new course for the later exam. Does anyone know how different the exams are ie can I expect my older course to cover pretty much everything I need?

Thanks

Bob

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In a word no! You really need to go up on the Cisco site and check out the blueprint for 640-863. It is a different animal.

The new exam also assumes not only CCNA level knowledge but also BCMSN from the CCNP

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le4/learning_certification_type_home.html
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-863.html

Just to name a few highlights there is an emphasis on Wireless, Voip, Sona, a little ipv6, and more...
    Check it out. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Thanks for the reply. Thats been perfect in helping me decide what to do. icon_smile.gif

BCMSN was going to be my next course so I think I'll study that one first by which time the online course may have a new version of DESGN available.

Cheers

Bob
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    bobparsons wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. Thats been perfect in helping me decide what to do. icon_smile.gif

BCMSN was going to be my next course so I think I'll study that one first by which time the online course may have a new version of DESGN available.

Cheers

Bob

bobparsons,

Do you hold a valid Cisco Certified Network Associate certificate?
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Glad to help Bob!

He probably does have a CCNA if he is tackling BCMSN next....
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Yep - I do have CCNA. Am in the process of study for CCDP so I need to do DESGN and BCSMN anyway. Thanks again! icon_smile.gif