PrepLogic free exam voucher promotion

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
Preplogic is giving away free exam vouchers if you purchase a practice test. Their tests cost about $99. The promotion ends on Thursday. Since I'm thinking about going for Security+ at some point, I decided to give it a try. I hope I didn't just waste $99. After the order processed, I had a link to download a form to mail in to request a gift card for the voucher.
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    as long as they're true on their end, i don't see how you could've wasted the money. the voucher for security+ cost $250, so you saved at least $140 - plus, preplogic is real good practice for the actual test. i've been using it to study (along with the guides here and a textbook) and i'm pretty happy thus far...of course, i'm set to take the test mid august, so i haven't passed yet...with that being the case i could be wrong. but i think a bunch of people would agree with me.
    good luck
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It just looks like a rebate, and I have had bad experiences with those in the past. Like if you make one typo on the form, it is void and you don't get it.
    Andy

• ksimpsonksimpson Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yup. It's okay. I did it a copuple of weeks ago. this is how it works...

You buy the bundle. They will email download for practice tests and request form for gift crad redemption.
    After you send it to them (thru postal mail) they send a form ( thru postal mail) with a gift card ( a code printed on paper). When you get this, all you do is go to their site and buy the voucher you need. (My gift card was 4.00 short. Just call them and they will adjust it.)
    The voucher code will be emailed to you. Just apply this code when you're registering for the exam.

I'm sitting the security+ on Monday (7/30)!

It's no hassle. Go for it.
    <b> DEGREE & CERTIFICATIONS </b>

B.S in Computer Information Systems, Security+
    WIP: Network+
    Next: CCNA
    What was the expiration date on the voucher? I was planning on taking the Sec+ in the early part of '08, if everything else works the way I am planning.
    Andy

Hmm, I believe it's a year. I'll let you know after i double check.

• RegretThinkRegretThink Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ksimpson wrote:
    Yup. It's okay. I did it a copuple of weeks ago. this is how it works...

You buy the bundle. They will email download for practice tests and request form for gift crad redemption.
    After you send it to them (thru postal mail) they send a form ( thru postal mail) with a gift card ( a code printed on paper). When you get this, all you do is go to their site and buy the voucher you need. (My gift card was 4.00 short. Just call them and they will adjust it.)
    The voucher code will be emailed to you. Just apply this code when you're registering for the exam.

I'm sitting the security+ on Monday (7/30)!

It's no hassle. Go for it.

I was wondering how long did it take for the whole process? And good luck on your exam...
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That looks like a good deal for Network+ and Security+. To bad they don't have any Server+ practice tests with the free voucher.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • iDShaDoWiDShaDoW Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any update on how long the voucher is valid for ksimpson?

I'd definitely be interested in purchasing the Security+ one if the expiration date is a full year from when you redeem it.

The offer ends today at 5PM too so if you can get back to us ASAP it'd be greatly appreciated.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I read on another forum that it is good for 6 months.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    blargoe wrote:
    I read on another forum that it is good for 6 months.

On the other forum did it say how long did it take for them to send out the gift card?
    The person that posted on the other forum contacted their customer service and asked how long the card would be good for. Supposedly 4-6 weeks is supposed to be allowed for delivery.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    I went ahead and bought the security+. I'll post on my experiences sometime.
    IT guy since 12/00

I went with the Security+ too... Already sent out the form and hope it gets here sooner than 4 weeks :P
    The paperwork said 4-6 weeks. Mine went in the mail the day after I purchased the tests. I'm still at least 6 weeks away from taking my next exam, so I as long as the voucher does not expire for at least 6 months I should be ok.
    Andy

Can those who went in on the deal reply here whenever they get their giftcards and I of course will be happy to do the same... I just want a rough estimate on when these things are coming in.
  • bsm2bsm2 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    got my voucher number today in mail

great deal on network+ $208.00 price got it for $99.00
    bsm2 wrote:

Was it a voucher they sent in the mail or was it just credit to buy it online?
    When does it expire?
    When did you send in for it?
    Thx :P

Hope I get mine soon!!!!
    bsm2 wrote:

Was it a voucher they sent in the mail or was it just credit to buy it online?
    When does it expire?
    When did you send in for it?
    Thx :P

Hope I get mine soon!!!!

No. It's not the voucher code. it's a gift certificate code to purchase the voucher. When you get the code in the mail, you go to the site and buy the voucher and enter the gift code in and then it sets amount owe to $0.00. You have a year to use the voucher.

I think the offer is over now.

• kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is it the first time they offered this?
    they have run this deal aleast two times

they have a current special 7msce exams including test engines, video training and free vouchers for all 7 exams for $895.00
    do the math $124.00 for each voucher thats $868
    your cost $27.00 good deal
    I got the voucher code in about 30 days :D
    bsm2 wrote:
    I got the voucher code in about 30 days :D

Damn getting worried I filled out the form wrong or something >.<

I submitted mine on July 26th so my 30 days are coming up I hope I receive it soon...
    I sent mine in at about the same time and haven't gotten anything back. It said 4-6 weeks, so I will give them a couple of more weeks.
    Andy

• iDShaDoWiDShaDoW Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ksimpson wrote:
    Hope I get mine soon!!!!

No. It's not the voucher code. it's a gift certificate code to purchase the voucher. When you get the code in the mail, you go to the site and buy the voucher and enter the gift code in and then it sets amount owe to $0.00. You have a year to use the voucher.

I think the offer is over now.[/quote]

Just curious, but was there an expiration date on the gift certificate?
    I live about 15miles from their tampa,fl location so I got it fastest
    wait, its all handled by US post office so its slow
    bsm2 wrote:
    I live about 15miles from their tampa,fl location so I got it fastest
    wait, its all handled by US post office so its slow

Guess being close does pay off lol. I just received my Code TODAY!

July 26th - Ordered the deal from PrepLogic
    July 27th - Mailed completed form
    August 24th - Received Voucher Gift Card #
    August 24th - Ordered Security+ from PrepLogic
    Sometime Soon [Hopefully] - Passes Security+
    got my voucher gift and got my network+ voucher no problems
    works as it said it did
    company does all business using the web

good company :D
    I got mine today.
    IT guy since 12/00

The voucher came in the mail yesterday. It took about 5 weeks.
    Andy

I received the actual exam voucher in an email this morning. It expires 8/15/2008.
    Andy