MCSA 2003 -> MCSA 2008

SanKuKaïSanKuKaï Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Does anybody know if MCSA on Win2003 exams will ever promote to MCSA on Win2008? If yes, if there an official date as MS site is already promoting.

Another one: 70-270 is covering XP right? Does anybody know if the exam promote to Vista instead?

Cheers. :D

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    not quite sure what you mean by promote. Do you mean upgrade? Look at webmaster's post here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24994
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • SanKuKaïSanKuKaï Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes... Upgrade... Sometimes my english skips my mind icon_mrgreen.gif Anyway.

If I have well understood: There is no date announced for the time being. MCITP: Server Administrator is ex-MCSA and MCITP: Enterprise Administrator is ex-MCSE. I saw that Sec+ is not in the cursus anymore. BTW, the new books are announced for Feb 2008.

Imagine that I want a become MCSA in 2008 but with a specialization in security, what should I do?
  • SanKuKaïSanKuKaï Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have just discoverd that MCSA 2003 will not retire. Interresting.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Right now there is no specialization in security for the 2008 exams. If you are interested mention it to MS Learning.

The exams for the MCSA / MCSE on Windows 2000 are retiring in March 2008, but the certifications themselves are not retiring. The two upgrade exams from 2000 to 2003 are also retiring in March. There has been now retirement date announced for the 2003 exam and it will probably be awhile.

Windows 2008 is supposed to be released at the end of the year. The exams should be released 2-3 months after that.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    Windows 2008 is supposed to be released at the end of the year. The exams should be released 2-3 months after that.

February 27th
    http://4sysops.com/archives/windows-server-2008-release-date-is-february-27th/
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks