Storage of Files and Folders

BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
I would like to know where there any about the location of the Files and Folders on the exam for the Local User Profiles. Do I need to memorize what they are used for?

Here they are:

Application Data
Cooikes
Desktop
Favorites
Local Settings
My Documents etc.

Comments

• jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    I can't say whether there were any questions or not about those files and their locations, but I would say memorize them as all the listed directories are in the same place. Also the Outlook .pst file is located a few directories under the Local Settings folder, and it would be open game for the question of where the default location for the Outlook .pst file is located on the 70-272 exam.
  • BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jediknight wrote:
    I can't say whether there were any questions or not about those files and their locations, but I would say memorize them as all the listed directories are in the same place. Also the Outlook .pst file is located a few directories under the Local Settings folder, and it would be open game for the question of where the default location for the Outlook .pst file is located on the 70-272 exam.

I'm focusing for the 70-271 exam right now. Not 70-272. Thanks for the information.
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    you will need to remember the Logic behind Local and Roaming profiles. The path to each one goes though the same route, ie, Documents and Settings\%userprofile% ... so i dont think u need to EXCLUSIVELY remember them.

gud luck !
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3