Asset management suggestions needed.

daedalusdaedalus Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm looking for suggestions that folks have for asset management software or forms. I'm sure I could create something in Excel but I was hoping for other suggestions.

I'm trying to have a log of equipment, serial numbers, IP addresses in the case of servers, date purchased, warranty expire date, section for comments, and possibly places where I can put system specs for PCs.

Does anyone have any ideas?

D.

Comments

• SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    our developer made a page in our intranet that is secure and uses a web based form with a SQL back end.. it was an access back end but when he got into sql he switched it over.

it is a good system well designed but was poorly maintained for years and drives me nuts at times just because people want to know well when so and so got a new computer who got their old system..... since the system wasn't designed to track that it is hard for me to answer what any of the previous people in my position did.. might be something you want to add in if you use a trickle down approach to system deployment like the company I work at does

but rally if you have some web skills and no a bit of access I think you can throw something like this together easily and with out much expense