MS E-Learning

SanKuKaïSanKuKaï Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

What do you think of the MS E-Learning system? Is it worth taking the 2274 or 2275 courses this way? Is it sufficient to pass 290 exam?

Thanks for your replies.

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't taken those courses, but from the e-learning courses I have taken, they do not go deep enough into the material to be used as the only source.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I agree with your assessment, but I would say the same for pretty much any exam study material. If you do the elearning make sure you do all the labs too.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I like the Microsoft e-Learning courses, I've taken a few on things I've needed to know for work. I'd say that you'd do well with the e-learning course(s) for 70-290, so long as you pick up a book to supplement it, (such as the ones from Sybex or MS Press). Without a book or another study-source, it'll be very difficult to pass the exam without having several years' worth of professional, and probably pretty advanced, hands-on experience.

I don't, however, think that the e-Learning courses Microsoft offers are as good as TestOut or CBT Nuggets, but I do think it's a more affordable alternative that will teach you a lot. Naturally, you'll still need at least some actual hands-on experience before you take the test, but that goes for any cert-exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In no way would I recommend TestOut as a training solution. While using it for the 291 I found mistakes in the material contacted them it took over 3 days to get a reply. Then after taking the exam found that there was content missing for the 291.
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!