Options

CCENT/CCNA

REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed CompTIA Network +, and I am gathering information on my next certification. I was hoping someone could give me some basic information on the difference between CCENT/CCNA. If I interpet Cisco info currently, it seems that CCENT is a first step to CCNA? Any feedback to aid my decision process is appreciated! :P

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well the new composite exam is 640-802 and passing this test will earn you the CCNA.

Now the old INTRO and ICND two part track is changing to ICNDv1 and ICNDv2.

Passing ICNDv1 will earn you the CCENT.

Passing both tests, of course, will equate to being CCNA certified.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    So both of those certification tracks are still available? I can't decide if I'm better off doing this in 2 steps, or just go for it, and do CCNA. I hear Cisco is the most difficult cert, but they are more straightforward than Comptia.
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    If you have your N+, I'd suggest going right to the composite 802 exam. You'll find the ICND1 to be a repeat of many of the basics you've just studied and learned.

This, in my opinion, will make the ICND1 a cake walk, and also a huge waste of time.

Grab either the ICND2 book, or a composite study guide, and get 'er done all at once.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    That's great feedback. Should I test on the first, and then take a class for 2? Then I'll get the CCNA cert, right? icon_confused.gif: