Options

CCENT Exam 640-822

jamez243jamez243 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am currently in Cisco's (Computer Engineering Technology) path at FCCJ (Community College in Florida). Now they are changing the exams in November... I'm starting Cisco 1 this weekend... I am assuming I should take the CCENT now am I correct? Or is this like a choice thing where in I can just take the 640-802

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The CCENT test is the first test in the two part track. I wouldn't suggest the ICNDv1 exam if you haven't studied or completed any training.

You can take the composite exam 640-802 when you are ready.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    jamez243 wrote:
    I am currently in Cisco's (Computer Engineering Technology) path at FCCJ (Community College in Florida). Now they are changing the exams in November... I'm starting Cisco 1 this weekend... I am assuming I should take the CCENT now am I correct? Or is this like a choice thing where in I can just take the 640-802

jamez243,

When you mention "Cisco 1" which program is it for?
    1. CCNA 3.1
    2. CCNA Discovery
    3. CCNA Exploration
  • Options
    jamez243jamez243 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking Cisco 1 & 2 are the classes that cover the first 2 books. I meant when I'm done with this semester I should be able to pass that test hypothetically. I'm asking if I should take the CCENT exam then the other one to get the CCNA or hold out and just take the one CCNA exam. If one is maybe easier than the seperate two.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don;t think one track any more or less difficult than the other. The only thing with taking the 2 test track is you have to answer twice as many questions to get the cert. To me, it seems like the more questions, the more possible mistakes you could make. It kinda goes both ways and each track has its perks I guess. It's just whatever you feel more comfortable doing.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!