VOIP

huddahudda Member Posts: 101
Hi every one I was wondering this voip is getting popular I heard that big companies are looking more and more experience people in this area, how I can get In to that area, there is any certification for this voip,who invented?
Please if u have any link let me know thanks………..

hudda

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The CCVP from Cisco is the way to go for VoIP. The CCNA is a pre req though. VoIP is becoming more and more popular and the demand for VoIP professionals is high from what I have read. You need a good understanding of networking to get into the voice arena though. It is a lot more complicated than traditional data.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Unless you work for a major business, most businesses will expect their existing system and network administrators to handle VoIP. Management may have a perception that since VoIP is an area of networking, they don't need to hire somebody to manage it. For example, right now, I do some work on VoIP (QoS) and they expect me to just do it.

So, if I were you, I wouldn't put all the eggs in one basket and head for the highway to learn VoIP :) Any VoIP certification and training is good, no doubt, but remember it can only be used a supplement to get you a job.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Remember certification is to enhance your ability to perform technical job. Therefore experience is everything. However, there are so many function in IT area. It is tough to stay in one area. Therefore, you need to have many baskets for many eggs.

Everybody want to be Secuity expert, CCIE, CISSP and such, but not everybody can be.

Think deep and think about what other opportunity is out there.

Good Luck
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • deshudeshu Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ** Edited by RussS **

If you want to advertise on this site - please contact the webmaster.
  • oo_snoopyoo_snoopy Member Posts: 124
    Don't feel locked into Cisco's world of VoIP.

There are a large number of VoIP providers out there and the underlying technology is the same, focus on learning the basics and be prepared to handle any vendor.
    I used to run the internet.
  • Poison ReversePoison Reverse Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kasor wrote:
    Remember certification is to enhance your ability to perform technical job. Therefore experience is everything. However, there are so many function in IT area. It is tough to stay in one area. Therefore, you need to have many baskets for many eggs.

Everybody want to be Secuity expert, CCIE, CISSP and such, but not everybody can be.

Think deep and think about what other opportunity is out there.

Good Luck

I think thats cool in the beginning of your career but i think it would be the right thing to stay focused on your pursuit.. Pick a path and stick with it. CCNA is a wonderful place to start because you can go anywhere you want from that but once you get your CCNA figure out what you want to do, whether it be security, voice or whatever. I see so many guys on here trying to be the omnipotent cert holder but I can just see by what people look for when i was looking for a job they want someone that can do a specific job, and I don't care how much you love this, we are all trying to get money at the end of the day.
    I'm a CCVP, so whatchya sayin'?

[quote:e64f0204e0="damsel_in_tha_net"]Oh shoot! Is that Angel Eyes? :shock:.[/quote]
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    One thing you can do, if you're not ready to jump in with both feet into the Cisco VoIP world, is to take a look at CompTIA's Convergence+ certification. It's not as all-encompassing as the CCVP track of course, but it's a good way to get your hands dirty with the technologies so you can decide if this is a track you want to pursue.

Good luck on your CCVP path, or whatever else you may choose to do.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.